Thinking maybe Angus

davey buoy

I was thinking the same thing, last year it was this early but probably because of all the rain... not so sure if they would be there yet this year.

The higher amount of rain would make it easier for the run up if anything. Also the cooler last couple of nights shouldn't hurt either I would think.

The river never got low all year. Lots of rain in the spring and the summer kept it above norm. The notty is known to have early runs then norm. It may be worth a look,but it looked dirty to me still.

I seem to think that river is almost always dirty,on a good day I find you can only see about 2-3' from shore.Somehow the fish seem to see well enough.

Well if you fish the Angus area,you will never see it clear. Thats why I fish other spots that are not mud bottoms.

Well about 3hrs in to the morning I caught a 7lb salmon. What a fight, forgot about the early ones with a ton of energy.Saw a few jumping, but was surprised about the early bird fisherman this year. Looks like a good start to a new fall.

It's alright Chris.. I think it's the end of the run.. They've been schooled up in the bay for sometime.. :whistling:

Funny you say that Wayne. While golfing today ,I met up with an old friend. Seems they are.He was saying they are all body this year,just not big heads.LOL

GBay maybe coming back.

Well about 3hrs in to the morning I caught a 7lb salmon. What a fight,

Good on ya. :clapping:

Funny you say that Wayne. While golfing today ,I met up with an old friend. Seems they are.He was saying they are all body this year,just not big heads.LOL

GBay maybe coming back.

Hey.. I don't make this crap up! Naturals and US stockers are abundant in the bay this year.

Just came back . Rain yesterday killed it really dirty and VERY SLOW

There's enough water in the notty to get those salmon up, we just need some colder nights to bring that water temperature down and trigger them to run.

Joe

www.fishingsimcoe.com

Just a question to you guys that fish the Angus area, what is the deal with the seperate fishing permit for the Essa Township area? I have heard that you need one while fishing on Essa property but have not really look into it. I have just avoided the area because I did not want to get in trouble. Where would I go to get information on this or to get a permit? Any help with this would be appreciated

Swany

Talk to Essa Township. Basically. They charge a fishing permit ($40) to fish on any of Essa Township public lands in and around the Angus area which backs onto the Nottawasaga river. The permit includes a ticket to fish the annual salmon derby that takes place near the end of Sept. I know a lot fishermen who think the permit system is Bull considering its public lands. The positive side is a large portion of that money has and will be used to rehabilitate the river, they've hosted a volunteer riverside tree plant, they've installed fish cleaning tables, and recently installed a covered picnic area for families and fishermen.

The way I see it, if that money is used to rehabilitate the river and improve the salmon and trout populations, I'm all for it!

The Nottawasaga Valley Conservation is always looking for rehabilitation money.....

JM

Fishingsimcoe.com