Video - sailboat vs oil tanker

craigdritchie

Looks like your typical sailboater. :rolleyes:

I like the ones that run on sail in Toronto's inner harbour where they're supposed to be under power. :wallbash:

Or the ones in Port Credit that set up their race course right off the river mouth in August!!! :wallbash:

We used to run my buddies 36 foot Hateras out into the middle of their course and drift when they did that. Could'nt understand why they got so ticked off. :whistling:

Ah - Cowes Week. I used to live in Portsmouth overlooking the Solent and the Isle of Wight and goons like that were always cutting up ferries and freighters, I'm amazed there aren't more incidents.

Why they have to hold racing in the busiest shipping lane in the world I have no idea - all they have to do is go round to other side of the island and it's open sea!

I believe the yacht skipper is being prosecuted.

I'm not sure if the sailor even saw the freighter. If you look closely, the sail is up and the captain is on the oposite side.

Either way, good thing he got across the bow of the freighter. If he had been t-boned, he be dead.

Cuzza - prosecuted? He should be given a lobotomy!

Might be a bit late for that, Craig!

I'm not sure if the sailor even saw the freighter. If you look closely, the sail is up and the captain is on the oposite side.

You mean the bright orange, 100m+ long freighter that was sounding it's horn at him? :D

More detail here - the comments are quite interesting (especially the ones about the exclusion zones)...

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/9182128.Oil_tanker_drama_at_Cowes_Week/?ref=mr