Any window guys out there

ketchenany

I have casement windows in my home, with cranks as openers. I cannot get it open. It won't turn at all. Sprayed with DW40 and nothing. I have no way of removing the crank casing to see what's wrong . . .

Any one have any idea how to fix this problem? This thing is jammed solid!

casement-window-handle.jpg

You should be able to remove the cranking assemblies.

I have windows like that out front and they started to get tough to open. Remove the two screws and the handle system should be able to pull out (at least mine did). The gears inside were all corroded and Home depot sold me the replacement set. I seem to remember thay had a couple different crank systems to choose from.

Pull the screen, make sure the lock is open, and try to open it while GENTLY pushing on the window frame. It that works, you should be able to see the mechanisim at the base of the window. If it looks pooched, pull it, go to Window city ?? on Steeles by HWY 27 and they should be able to help you out.

If they are Pella windows, call their service line and you may have a warrantee claim.

Good luck.

Edited by HTHM

Pull the screen, make sure the lock is open, and try to open it while GENTLY pushing on the window frame. It that works, you should be able to see the mechanisim at the base of the window. If it looks pooched, pull it, go to Window city ?? on Steeles by HWY 27 and they should be able to help you out.

If they are Pella windows, call their service line and you may have a warrantee claim.

Good luck.

I tried that. Can only open an inch or so. Don't want to cause more harm.

Thanks

GF thinks you have screws loose Albertunsure.gif

Take off the handle(usually held on with a set screw)The plastic housing should snap off after that.Inspect and lube the gears. I have seen them come unmeshed if the window is installed too tite, and the frame swells with the humidity.

GF thinks you have screws loose Albertunsure.gif

Take off the handle(usually held on with a set screw)The plastic housing should snap off after that.Inspect and lube the gears. I have seen them come unmeshed if the window is installed too tite, and the frame swells with the humidity.

No screws to get loose! I looked at this thing and everything is inclosed in a steel housing except for the worm gear! I had sprayed it while back and let it sit. I turned the handle and gave the window a gentle push and it started to open :rolleyes::clapping: I gave the track a cleaning sprayed it with lithium grease and also the gears inside the housing, going out it's fine coming back it's a bit rough. I'll let it sit and then give her another go.

But at least now if needed I can take the housing out and get a new one!

To all thanks for your help and "suggestions" C4 a definate no.