off-shore in Timmins?

adolson

I'm gonna be heading to Timmins soon for a couple days (work) and I'll have my rod with me. I probably won't bring my Sportspal with me, though. I'm curious if anyone knows any good places to go off the shore there? I'm mostly looking for bass, walleye, pike, trout, whatever can be had from shore - not too picky. Not a catfish fan, though.

One thing I know: under the bridge might not be a great idea. My brother went not long ago, and he landed the following with 10lb test:

ty1.jpg

ty2.jpg

ty3.jpg

That last one weighed in at about 43lbs! Not too shabby.

Anyhow, suggestions?

I'm gonna be heading to Timmins soon for a couple days (work) and I'll have my rod with me. I probably won't bring my Sportspal with me, though. I'm curious if anyone knows any good places to go off the shore there? I'm mostly looking for bass, walleye, pike, trout, whatever can be had from shore - not too picky. Not a catfish fan, though.

One thing I know: under the bridge might not be a great idea. My brother went not long ago, and he landed the following with 10lb test:

ty1.jpg

ty2.jpg

ty3.jpg

That last one weighed in at about 43lbs! Not too shabby.

Anyhow, suggestions?

Hey there: Im from Timmins myself and if you are looking for shore fishing i know a few spots. There is frederickhouse river coming into timmins on highway 101 (big steel bridge past kettle lakes pp) fish under there for walleye sauger pike. Porcupine lake boasts nice walleye and pike from almost anywhere and mattagami river in downtown timmins itself has those as well. The southside of gillies lake has sm bass and kettle lakes provincial park has alot of trout in the park. You can find all this info on the web. Good fishin