Port Maitland advice

Chance

You can park and launch right at the pier which is first come first serve and can be a zoo or for a small fee you can launch at Fishmaster's in Dunnville about 6 km up the Grand - lots of parking.

Once you get the smallies dialed in fishing is good, we generally start drifting tubes - Fishmaster's will be able to tell you what is working and where.

Dan

i usually launch below the dam in dunville, 10$ on the honor system at a small marina behind the arena. i ususally go weekdays, never seen another person on the ramp. and as mentioned, about 6k to the lake.

i stop in at fishmasters for bait and advice, i've never launched there might be better maybe dannyboy has used both and can comment???

the dunville dam is good for sheephead and cats, not much else in my experience.

the river produces walleye (apparently) - i haven't had much luck, trolling big o's and such.

perch at the mouth of the river certain times or year.

tecumseh reef is fishable for bass in good weather

I generally launch on the east side of the river at Port Maitland, it is a wretched looking ramp, but it is free and the dock is useable. On the west side parking is much better, however the dock is steel and tends to eat paint.

From what I have seen the Port Maitland launch is not busy at all.

:whistling: Uh huh, if you hit the right day. It can turn into a slugfest there. It's an OK ramp but watch out for wind direction.

Fishmaster is OK, cheap but a very steep ramp, my bow always scrapped the trailer and if you have bad knees the dock is not good.

Free one down river from him on the same side as Fishmaster is available too. As also said the boat club ramp behind the arena but pricey as well as a trailer park on the other side of the river on the way to Port M. and the park owners are not too pleasant.

Our choice is usually the BBQ at the dam. Not expensive, out of the wind, shady areas if it's hot, washrooms with real toilets ( wife likes that) and decent food when you return to dock. Hell if the fishing is bad you can even try your luck at the mini put. The guys working there are a hoot too! The drawback is that it is the furthest from the lake if that's your goal, but you can always troll on the way out to Erie and see what happens.

Speaking of slugfest, I have come close to it at the BBQ a couple of times this year. Ignorant diots taking up space in the ramp entry prepping their boats instead of doing it off to the parking area then trailer it to the ramp. Inconsiderate IDIOTS!!!

Enjoy the :Gonefishing: