Milton area suggestions.....

Meely

Hiya Gang,

I was wunderin' if anyone out there in OFC land can help me out.

I got 5 kids who just recently got the "fishing bug" since bein up at the cottage and are always asking to go fishing now!! (Sure beats bein glued to the TV all summer!!)

They live in Milton and I would love to be able to take them somewhere close to do some fishing. Of course they have no problems catching pan fish all day so anywhere nearby would be great.

Can anyone suggest where to go?

Thanks,

Meely :canadian:

Kelso is a great little area.I fished there quite a bit years ago and landed some really nice smallies.Take a look around the shoreline and about 30 feet offshore there is a sunken foundation from an old building.Lots of fish hanging around.

As mentioned Kelso would work. Also Mountsberg is not too far of a drive, and there are some shore options there.

Kelso is good as near by. There are a few ponds not to far away on a senic route as well. But as meantioned mountsberg is a good option and not to far away. I hear there are some good size bass therewhistling.gif Go to team 1 2010 OFC entrywhistling.gifbiggrin.gif

Mill Pond right down town. Main St at Martin St. Not sure what all is in there but it does get stocked with trout.

I use to take our son there when he was 2 to 3 years old.. but that was 25 years ago..

Edited by irishfield

Kelso I initially thought didn't hold much fish. But recently we caught onto LMB and perch and pumkinseed. Also got a strike from some bright red fish which we never hooked.

Another spot also held some decent size bass, approx 14".

There doesn't seem to be any current listing of recent stocking efforts, but now am interested to see where the SMB are. weekend trip in order...

Burns Pond Conservation Area off Guelph Line in Moffatt is a place where

sunfish-LMB-Crappie-KOI? can be caught. There is no car entry fee with alot of green space/

picnic tables and a walking trail.

It can be weedy but the panfish are there & if you need worms there is a

house close by that sells bait.....