a few pics from summer

manitoubass2

ell, summer started off well for my family and I, kids are having a blast anyhows. I got stuck doing a bunch of training for a job, so I've been away and haven't fished too much which is always a bummer. Still had some good times though, like shore fishing with my 3 boys and getting chased by a super aggressive black bear! That was quite the experience, and had the heart racing while I attempted to protect my children, which somehow worked without me getting mauled. The kids made it to safety while I did some Bruce Lee moves with a fillet knife! heheheh

Bass fishing has been great the few times I managed to get out, and the kids all caught good fish. The water got pretty low and warm, so they did well on topwaters, which is fun for me to watch, and means I can fish myself without taking out snags over and over.

Made it out on Rainy Lake(Northwest bay) and had a blast catching walleye by the hundreds. Some 28"'s, tons of eaters, and even some around 6", lol. Lots of crappies to be had, and some 35-40" pike as well. And some great perch, which I havent caught for awhile.

Anyhow, a few random pics

julyaug2011166.jpg

Nice smallie caught by my oldest son in the shallows, right at the rapids

julyaug2011161.jpg

My youngest got on a few ass well, he likes the hula popper now!

julyaug2011063.jpg

This is the fella that was so impressed with my fillet knife skills that he decided not to eat me. I managed a few pics, but most are pretty blurry. On account of me being scared and running, lol

Edited by manitoubass2

The secret to surviving a bear attack is to run faster than your companion. :devil:

Yep, agreed, too bad it was my kids. So I had to man up, lol.

And yeah, a fillet knife would do nothing, but when push comes to shove, you'd be surprised what you reach for and what sounds like a good idea, hehe. Once you've made a choice, your forced to stick with it. I had no time to dig through the tackle box once again with this guy standing about 3ft away.

I was just thinking right on! My kids are safe! Oh crap, now what do I do?

Geeeze buddy....way too close for comfort with a bear like that....glad to see you posting though :D I was also wondering where you've been....great bass pics of you and the boys thumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks!

I've been around for a few hours here and there, just to browse though. Too tired and beat down from training to actually do anything, lol.

The bear thing was enough excitement for the summer I suppose