An Afternoon fishing with my Daughter

mercman

When i asked her if she liked to fish, she said "Dont know, never tried.I had stopped fishing shortly after she was born, 29 years ago.Too busy in self destruct mode back then.

Got her a rod, and the wife and i and my daughter hit the water around noon.

Within 20 minutes she said "Dad, something is wrong here, i think i'm on the bottom"

From the front of the boat, i could hear the line screaming off her reel.Then i remembered that i hadnt set the drag on her reel.wallbash.gif

I made my way to the back, tightened the drag and told her to bring it home.As it got closer to the boat, i saw it, a nice 36 inch pike covered in weeds.No net in the boatwallbash.gif I grabbed the leader, and it came out of the water comletely, and proceeded to shake, pulling apart a 30lb snap swivel.

Here is the only pic that my wife was able to get. Cant see the fish, but you get the idea

HPIM1802.jpg

After that, we moved and she got into a nice little Smallie

HPIM1803.jpg

HPIM1804.jpg

She was pumped, and i was a proud Dad. The seed was planted,, and she is itchin to get back out againclapping.gif

I just got back from bringing her home.Just before dropping her off, she said that she had an awesome day, and would really love to go fishing again real soon.thumbsup_anim.gif

She learned to cast really quick today, and had no fear of holding the fish or putting bait on her hookclapping.gif

Chip off the ole block? whistling.gif I do know she has all the right moves.Gonefishing.gif