Fishing in around Mississauga - From Shore

SGraham

Hey Everyone,

My buddys and I like to get out fishing every few weeks, only problem is none of us have access to a boat. We usually fish from shore into Lake Ontario and do ok for the most part (strickly catch and release). We tend to go out to a marina in Burlington and try mainly for Bass. Our other go to spot is ken whillans in the Terra Cotta area.

We are trying to find some other spots a bit closer to Mississauga that we can try out, but aren't having much luck finding anything. Can anyone recommend any good spots along the lakeshore (somewhere between port credit and LaSalle park in burlington). Any other bodies of water that are goood for fishing and within a 30 minute drive of Mississauga would also be great.

I have been thinking about heading out towards Erin to see what is there one of these weekend. If I find anything decent I will be sure to post.

Thanks in advance

Tried the Erin ponds yesterday. I have been there many times over the years, but don't think that I have ever seen so few fish as we did yesterday. One largemouth which might have been 1/4lb if it had just eaten, and some small sunfish. And nothing was interested in the selection of grubs we threw at them.

There used to be a guy from Toronto that posted a lot of pics of pike that he caught in sight of the CN tower. He was one of the funniest fellas that posted fishing related stuff here.... For the life of me I forget his name ???

Someone chime in here before I loose it....

Tried the Erin ponds yesterday. I have been there many times over the years, but don't think that I have ever seen so few fish as we did yesterday. One largemouth which might have been 1/4lb if it had just eaten, and some small sunfish. And nothing was interested in the selection of grubs we threw at them.

That isn't what I was hoping to hear about Erin ... I would really like to find somewhere a little off the path. I'll keep looking at google maps and try to find something.

As for the lakeshore, it sounds like the spots I have been going to are probably the best ones.

Thanks for the feedback.

I've heard good things about Heart Lake and Mountsberg reservoir. You have to pay to get in, not sure how much.

I was actually just reading about Mountsberg ... im thinking I might try it out this weekend and see what it is all about.

theres lots of pike in mountsberg in all the weeds

Is it the kind of place that we can just walk into, or do we have to wait for it to open? I know that there is a fee to go there.

It looks like a big place, any recommended spots there?

I'd definitely give the Credit a try....perfect time of year to wade in your shorts and shoes...look for any deep holes and throw spinners, jerkbaits or leech imitations...should do well with smallies.

Also....been quite a while...but I used to walk over to Lake Aquitane. Quite a little scuzzpond...but we would do well for largies...topwater baits near weedbeds, and carolina rigged tubes out as far as we could throw'em...

I'd definitely give the Credit a try....perfect time of year to wade in your shorts and shoes...look for any deep holes and throw spinners, jerkbaits or leech imitations...should do well with smallies.

Also....been quite a while...but I used to walk over to Lake Aquitane. Quite a little scuzzpond...but we would do well for largies...topwater baits near weedbeds, and carolina rigged tubes out as far as we could throw'em...

Where along the Credit river can you catch these smallmouth bass?

Caught giant carp around the Marina at Samuel Smith Park in Etobicoke. Funny, I was throwing a spinnerbat for any cruising pike and snagged a 10' piece of line hooked into the carps mouth.

Spotted a largie swim by but he wanted nothing to do with my jig.