Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever

Steve_R

Hi All..Im looking at getting a new puppy. And have been doing some research...and l was just wondering if anyone ever had a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever and do they make good family dogs? It wont be used for hunting just a family dog but will go fishing with me and the girlfriend likes to jog so it will get lots of exercise..

Thanks.

Steve.

800px-Toller_Pup_&_Sire.JPG

my neighbor has one...and they are wonderful family pets...i guess you could make that arguement for any hunting breed of dog....make sure tho they get alot of work... exercise them alot....they are pretty mischievous when they are bored...respect them right and have them respect you....and youll have a friend for life!!

good luck

These guys are amazingly versatile! Sounds like a GREAT pick for your lifestyle. Also they are a nice med sized dogs, great travelers. :)

BTW..they have collie waayyy back in their heritage, so great family pets!

Edited by Jewelbee

A couple friends have them. Awesome dogs, both of them.

But, like other working dogs they have to run and love to work.

If you can commit to run the dog often, they will pay you back by being obedient.

If not, they will get bored and will act out.

I can speak only for my friends dogs, but Like mine, once you introduce retrieving to them, it's all they live for..that and a pat on the belly from you.

Good Luck with your choice.