solopaddler

Question About Reg's

Simple question that I can't find a definitive answer to.

If you're fishing with a kid who doesn't require a license can that child keep their own limit of fish or not?

Couldn't find the answer online and the MNR put me on hold when I called. :)

They are entitled to the full sport limit if they're a Canadian citizen ! Non-residents count against an adults limit holding a licence.

Remember they need a birth certificate or similar to prove their age and residency and this constitutes their fishing licence.

Edited by irishfield

They are entitled to the full sport limit if they're a Canadian citizen ! Non-residents count against an adults limit holding a licence.

Thanks Wayne! Can I find that somewhere on the MNR's site? I looked but could find no mention of it.

I'm looking, but I am 100% positive that is gospel. Just be sure you have ID for the kidlets with you to show they are Cdn citizens. Applicable in Ontario anyhow... In QC one licence does the whole famdamly!

Edited by irishfield

http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/stdprodconsume/groups/lr/@mnr/@letsfish/documents/document/198219.pdf

Those who qualify to fish with a deemed licence must follow the same catch and possession limits as a Sport Fishing Licence

..upper right on first page. First page is all you need to read.

Edited by irishfield

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Question for the O/B Motor guys - Thinking of upgrading

I have a chance to pick up a bigger motor for my boat.   I just want some advice on prices, and reliability.  Hopefully I can get some input here.    Here's a quick history.  I run an old 14 Aluminum.  It is deep and wide, and at one point in it's like (before modification), it was rated for a 40Hp.  For a long time, I ran a 1983 25Hp Evinrude, and it would scream across the lake.   But the 83 was really hard on gas.  I got an opportunity of purchase a 1987 Evinrude 9.9 from a good fri

in General Discussion

• TV question...NF

Hey guys, I bought a new TV this morning and also got a surge protector but have never seen this type before with the connectors on the bottom for cable/sat IN & OUT My satellite cable currently comes from the dish, thru the wall and hooks into the back of my BELL receiver. With this protector do I run from the dish into the "IN" connector then out the "OUT" and then to the receiver ?? If so I'll need to get another length of cable.

in General Discussion

• Quick Introduction and a question!

HELLO ALL!   Glad to be here. For my first post I'd like to first introduce myself. I'm a 44 year old guy who's been and avid outdoorsman for as long as I can remember. Born and raised in cottage country - Peterborough, ON - and have live the last part of 20 years in Ottawa. Almost every year I go on a guy's fishing trip, and camp with the family (3 kids) at least twice during that same time. I'm a canoe lover (now own a brand new Swift Keewaydin solo) and enjoy all that the wilderness

in General Discussion

• Ice hut question

Is it legal to use a hard sided hut after the hut removal date, if the hut is not left unattended?  I read the regs, but there are not a lot of details. Thanks

in General Discussion

• Cochrane air question

Hi all, havn’t flown with them for about ten years. We have gone on others in Quebec without the same success. Due to budget looking at there closer lakes . Any info on French, today , tomorrow, brailey etc would be greatlythanks

in General Discussion