How to properly hold a rainbow trout?

appleb

Thanks for the insight on how to hold Trout Chris. I have over the years seen you handle Walleye and Pike with the care and concern needed to return them back to the water as healthy as can be.

Art

Thanks Art..I was begining to second guess myself into thinking I was a bit of a roughhouser when it came to handling fish :o

That doesn't go to say you can't teach an old dog new tricks right :angel: Us old farts well, sometimes we get stuck in the old ways of doing things or just plain forget that there are other ways of doing things so its important to keep an open mind.

The new generation of anglers coming up behind us have much to offer like Josh for instance,never seen a guy so in tune with the river and Dev our young steelheader who is amazingly focused and determined for his age .

Devin said you got him a reel, that's awesome! I'll be picking him up a pack of some type to fill with some essentials. That kid is gonna be a helluva steelheader one day......

See ya on the river soon.....

Josh

Dude,you should see his fly box now. Remember what it used to look like ?? He's been busy

!!DSC03367-1.jpg

Josh if your going to get him some hardware he does need fluorocarbon tippet material,shot,swivels,floats,hooks and a good sharpener B)

I like bringing a glove with me and grabbing a hold of the tail. Keep the fish in the water, pop the hook, take a quick pic and off she goes.

Nice to see you Josh!!!!

Agreed, a glove is a must for me. Can tail them with ease, pop the hook and off it goes.

I have been carrying a rubberized net for the last 3 years fish never leaves the water unless it's picture worthy and if I'm alone usually just release them right out of the net without touching the fish other than the hemo's to remove the hook the "proper" way is what ever is safe for yourself and the fish