How to check

misfish

Brian, to the best of my knowledge, you can search all of Canada for liens on real estate, vehicles etc... Unfortunately, Ontario, Alberta and BC don't have a classification for boat serial numbers. You might have to search by name of the original owner. I'd be interested in a definitive answer out of curiosity.

You can use a PPSA mediary to do the search for you... it'll just cost you an extra $10 or more.

Search costs $8 Brian.. $8 more if you want a certified document sent to you. You'll need their full name as registered on the vessel registration, their date of birth and address they live at/document is issued to.

Be prepared for.. "they owe the brick $XXXX, GMC $XXXX, mortgage to TD finance $XXX. If nothing comes up on the boat.. nobody has claim to it even if he owes money privately to someone.

Lien searches may be done over the telephone by calling (416) 325-8847 or toll-free in Ontario at 1-800-267-8847 or TTY at 416-325-3408 or 1-800-268-7095. Please have your credit card number ready. Hours of service are Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

my wife works for a lawyer...and she says to do a ppsa search.....brian...why dont you give me your serial numbers and info and she can get it done....let me know

I,ll be checking out a few boats this weekend. Thanks for the help from you and the mrs,s. :canadian: