Marten River

Machine57

Heading up to Marten River Lodge saturday for a week. Have heard alot of good things of this place.

Fished Red cedar Lake last year with minimal success.

Has anyone ever Stayed at Marten River Lodge, or fished the network of Marten River itself?

Thanks for your input!!

Dan

Stayed at Marten River Lodge a number of years ago. Cabins and rental boats were very nice. Boats came equipped with fish finders, live wells, seats and I think 20 or 25 hp motors. The lodge was very relaxing and at the time we stayed, they had a licensed bar area which was nice to watch hockey. We found the fishing to be tough.

Heading up to Marten River Lodge saturday for a week. Have heard alot of good things of this place.

Fished Red cedar Lake last year with minimal success.

Has anyone ever Stayed at Marten River Lodge, or fished the network of Marten River itself?

Thanks for your input!!

Dan

Hey, i spent last weekend camping on red ceder lake, fished a little bit with minimal success, the word from the local guys was waleye bit was late in the evening and in the shallows, the also said the bass were bitting but i couldnt find them.

I also stayed at bever Lodge and fished the string of lakes there, had lots of success with bass around the smaller islands and waleye around points and drop offs.

When i was at bever Lodge a bunch of guys were fishing wikstead and had a lot of success.

we were fishing mostly rap cranks and spinners.

Its a nice area with lots to explore! good luck!

Thanks to everyone for your input!!!...Last year was our first trip up in that area...Going back this year to explore a little more.

It was funny last year, you could tell all the locals and set your watch by it for the eyes.

About an hour after supper, everyone heads for their boats, and they don't come back till dark.

Dan

All the locals are that way... they think pickeral only bite at that magic hour of dusk and that lakers only bit in the morning. That just happens to be either when they get off work or the only time they're sober enough for the boat... :D

Stayed at Martin River PPark more times than I can remember... fishing has ALWAYS been tough. Best 'eye came from the "waterfall hole" under the Bailey Bridge into the campground.

mr11.jpg

Edited by irishfield