Family Fishing on Monday

nroadrunner

Well I finally managed to get my seven year old and my wife out fishing on Monday. Between running my son to Karate, skateboarding and Guitar lessons not a lot of time for a family fishing trip. Took them to a small cottage lake where I have managed a 4lber every time out. Usually 2 or 3 of them..... Until this year. 2 times now no 4lbers. Had fun just the same. Fished from 8is till noon managed 8 fish.

MootLakeAUG12011001.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011002.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011003.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011004.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011005.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011006.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011007.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011008.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011009.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011011.jpg

MootLakeAUG12011012.jpg

In talking to some cottagers I may have found reason for poor fishing this year. It seems opening week 3 boats with 3 guys in each boat in radio communication were seen leaving 3 times with a limit of bass each time. MNR was called stopped them on the last trip out but they only had their limit, other fish as far as I know were not found nearby. But they did get caught with drugs in the car. Unfortunately this is a small lake and if they took 30-40 bass and I presume most were large fish. Even in half of those wer 3-5 lbs, as this lake usually holds, it could devestate this lake of so me prime breeding age fish.

Ian

Edited by nroadrunner

That semi-permanent grin on your son's face says it all!

In talking to some cottagers I may have found reason for poor fishing this year. It seems opening week 3 boats with 3 guys in each boat in radio communication were seen leaving 3 times with a limit of bass each time. MNR was called stopped them on the last trip out but they only had their limit, other fish as far as I know were not found nearby. But they did get caught with drugs in the car. Unfortunately this is a small lake and if they took 30-40 bass and I presume most were large fish. Even in half of those wer 3-5 lbs, as this lake usually holds, it could devestate this lake of so me prime breeding age fish.

Ian

At times like this I wish I believed in a Hell, so that I could damn them to it. :angry:

Great smiles on their faces say it all. Family and fishing, doesn't get any better than that!!!

Cool snake shots too!

The last paragraph is sad news, fortunately crap like that doesn't happen as much as in the past. They will be the first ones complaining when there are no fish left in the lake.

well what will happen now is that the rock bass will take over the lake as has happened near bancroft in lots of smaller lakes where all the big largies have been raped out from !!! i have seen it happen several times wait 3 years there will be a milliuon rock bass there....just sayin thats what happens when idiots do that crap to a small lake.....