Trolling Motor Mounts?

rhymobot

Thanks for reminding me. I believe I saw that mount at le barons years ago. But for that price it makes you wonder why it costs so much for a piece of wood and two pipes.

Simple, it goes on a boat!!!! :blink:

If it went on a lawn mower it would be 1/2 the price!!!!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

You do realize that B.O.A.T stands for Break Out Another Thousand right? :whistling:

Got the one from le barons and used it last night. There are 2 pipes on each side. One pipe slides in to the other and is tightened with tightening collars and screws.

BOTH tightening collars broke as I was tightening them. They're made out of cheap plastic while everything else is metal or wood.

Sevylor better send me replacements after I just emailed them. Cost me 93 bucks for that thing.

Thought you guys might find this interesting.

Coleman is undoubtedly the #1 name in outdoor products.

I called Coleman USA after my email went unreplied to and they said they don't have replacement parts for those tightening collars which probably cost 50 cents. They told me they'll ship me a whole new motor mount but first they wanted me to destroy mine with a hammer, take a pic and send it to them. Then they found out I'm in Canada so told me to call Coleman Canada. I did and they also don't have the collars. They said they would exchange the whole mount for a new one at the warehouse on Matheson. Of course when I get the new one, the same thing is going to happen as the damn parts are made out of plastic!

Why wouldn't Coleman just ask the plastic moulding company that made the parts for some new ones? Sometimes I don't understand how businesses work.

Why wouldn't Coleman just ask the plastic moulding company that made the parts for some new ones? Sometimes I don't understand how businesses work.

Because if Lebarron sells it for $93, Coleman likely builds it for $5 - $10. It aint even worth the guys labour to call the plastics place to enquire about the parts.

Edited by N.A.W