Another one bites the dust!!!

DRIFTER_016

Look at it this way, that thing just made way for like 6 good eaters. And if like the expert said it may not be reproducing, it really was just taking up space.

Sad day perhaps for people who want to hang something on the wall, great day for the ecosystem of GSL.

thats a tough call.

If I caught a fish over 50 lbs, potentially being a record......I'd like to think I would release her.

The scales most people carry usually only go to 50lbs, so you couldn't even get an accurate #. A fish with such a disproportionate belly will most likely estimate accurately with girth & length measurements.

The one they mentioned from Athabaska was 102 lbs. The mount hung in the ROM for years but that was a long time ago. I saw it way back when, last time probably more than 40 years ago. Apparently, it had no gonads so it was technically sexless.

It's tough to lose a fish like that, but there are no survivors when it comes to commercial fishing.

It doesn't have to breed to be someone's trophy, that fish could have provided a few anglers with the PB laker over the next decade. Why does everything have to be biological when placing value on wildlife?

I hear you Drifter!