A couple of Brookies

danc

Just home form a great few days on the lake with family and friends. Like most fishing trips, it could have been better or it could have been worse. Like most of the country, it's been hot hot hot up here as well and finding suitable water temps for Brookies was nearly impossible. Between 3 boats we landed about 20 Brook Trout for the weekend. Biggest was a 24" girthy male that probably went 6 lbs. Unfortunately it wasn't caught in my boat and I don't have pics of that one.

Here's a couple of my best fish for the weekend. 20" and 21 1/2". The 21 1/2" fish was spitting up smelts like crazy at boatside during the fight.

aug11nip5.jpg

aug11nip6.jpg

Check out the photo section for some scenery shots from the weekend as well.

Nice stuff Dan.

Perhaps I will mosey on up with Keith on the long weekend in Sept. Hey, you never know, I might even bring my locksmith gear with me so we don't have to climb in through windows!

Cheers, Ron...

Nice stuff Dan.

Perhaps I will mosey on up with Keith on the long weekend in Sept. Hey, you never know, I might even bring my locksmith gear with me so we don't have to climb in through windows!

Cheers, Ron...

lol Ron. If anything, I'm planning a trip the week after labor day weekend. I just started a new job with a new company so I don't know if I can swing the time off so early. With any luck I'll get to taste one of your world famous ceasars sometime late this summer one way or another. Cheers Bud.