Spring/Summer Report. Lots of fish pics

WeedLine

Hey guys/gals, I just wanted to share some pics with you from this past spring and summer. It has been a great year so far. Lots of trout, pike, walleye and bass have been landed/boated.

MSP and I paid our dues this year by spending 12-14hr days on the water on many occasions. Big fish don't come easy. Black flies, mosquitos, broken wrists, hangovers, sore joints, bad sunburns and hooks buried in the hand were all part of the fishing this year. Many unproductive hours of casting were paid back in many very productive spans of unbelievable catching.

Trout opener and a couple weeks after were amazing for huge numbers of hard fighting steelhead.

023-2.jpg

026-1.jpg

027-2.jpg

Edited by WeedLine

032.jpg

041.jpg

052.jpg

001-8.jpg

willy.jpg

001-9.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

Then came the pike and walleye. We took off for the May 24 weekend and hit 3 different lakes. We had a good time to say the least

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

This fish squirted loose roe all over the boat

IMG_0229.jpg

011-4.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

This beast smashed a jerk bait. She was hanging out on a chunk rock point. I thiught she was a big laker when I saw and felt the huge sweeping headshakes. When I first saw that it was a walleye, I couldn't believe it. This blue-finned beauty is the biggest non Bay of Quinte walleye I have ever seen. She swam away strong. An hour before I got this fish, I hooked and lost an absolute massive pike(25-30lb range)The walleye eased the pain of losing the pike.

IMG_0234.jpg

We went out for musky opener. There was a crazy lightning storm going on that day. I have fished in storms many times before but I have never experienced such a small window of some of the most exciting, hard hitting pike fishing in my life. for 1.5hrs we boated so many pike. Here are the best 5 we caught. Oh, the muskies weren't biting but the blackflies were

IMG_0266.jpg

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0272.jpg

Big head beast

IMG_0268.jpg

023-3.jpg

024-1.jpg

002-8.jpg

015-3.jpg

We fished a few half days for kawartha walleye. 30-40 fish days were the norm. No really big ones though

009-5.jpg

005-9.jpg

003-7.jpg

018-4.jpg5.photobucket.com/albums/oo96/fishfinder1977/022.jpg[/img]

So, on to my favorite season, bass. We have been catching great numbers this year but nothing huge either so far. There's still many weekends left though

IMG_0278-1.jpg

002-10.jpg

I'm really happy for MSP. He caught his biggest pike this spring. Good job buddy

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

Usually loons are pretty elusive and don't get too close unless they are chasing down your bait. This guy followed us around for 20 mins. I hand fed him some lunch meat but he prefered live smallmouth bass. If they were dead he wouldn't eat them but if I un hooked them and hand fed him, he would eat them. Weird.The lake is quite remote. I wonder if he has been trained by local cottagers or he was just bold.

I hope you ejoyed the pics. Good luck this summer and fall. All fish were caught within 300kms from Toronto. Only some small walleye were kept. Everything else is still out there for you to catch

014-3.jpg

015-4.jpg

I always thought that loons were black, but seeing this guy up so close I learned that they are a deep, dark green.

Edited by WeedLine

What a great collection of fish you guys caught. That one pickerel is very impressive. Well actually all the fish are impressive :clapping:

That's crazy about that loon, he was either tought that or was very, very hungry. Pretty cool that he came right up to you and let you feed it :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the report.

Its been a blast so far this season. To say that we put our time in is an understatement. The big bass have eluded us this year but I guess quantity is sometimes better than quality.... right ? Here are some pics from my camera.

IMG_0255-1.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

051.jpg

Enjoy the rest of the summer guys. Summer/Fall report to follow

Edited by msp