Lake O report

vinnimon

I had missed one weekend of fishing in who knows how long. But thigs had to be done in order for me to be towing again. So last weekend and this past Saturday all the work was completed and ready to tow againthumbsup_anim.gif

On sunday I headed off to lake O and met up with Spincast, Frankie65,franks better half the Julie the Fishing Queen and ofcoarse Gman. I was solo in my boat and I didnt care(someone slept in and it wasnt meoops.gif )

I two fish that hit my lures early in the am, only to shake it off after a quick fightwallbash.gif I left one line down at the bottom strictly to catch a laker, that did happen alright, a 26incher was netted.

Well on Sunday, the person that slept in did come out today with me.And again I met up with Spincast and Gman plus another. At this time when I came close to wave HI, someone netted a fish in that boatwhistling.gifthumbsup_anim.gif .

By this time my friend had a chinny, and a bow on, only to be lost in a mid air backflip by the chromieswallbash.gif It was quite for 2 hrs or so and finally my rod went off. My friend had finally landed a nice bow. Bonus on my part because I can finally take a turn.Yes Im a nice guy sometimestongue.gif

Anhow I decided to switch one rigger line up and within a few minutes it went off. w00t.gif This ones bigger and a fighter as well.A 30 inch laker was netted and released safelythumbsup_anim.gif

26 in laker.jpg

Thanks Jacques , they were hungry and fat for sure. Im just surprised when I switched up and raised the one line 50 feet.blink.gif that was the look on my face and thenw00t.gif lol

Thanks Darren, its not called practise, its the experience from the practisingwhistling.gif Too be honest, I really dont target them. But when I have a hunch, well it pays off some how. whistling.gif I tried once last year on spincasts boat, after a half hour or so it payed off,my pb while riggingclapping.gif

Thanks Frank and Juliethumbsup_anim.gif Send me the pics and I may post itthumbsup_anim.gif Great to have the whole gang out on the water again. thumbsup_anim.gif I guess I can be safe to say, its the 4 muskateers nowgood.gif Gmans a trooper thumbsup_anim.gif

Thats the way Vince - Glad to see the boat running and fish hitting - Nothing Betterthumbsup_anim.gif

Thanks Bud, I couldnt be more relaxedthumbsup_anim.gif And yes he did show up first thing this morning and happy as can beclapping.gif Took 3 hits but he finally landed onebiggrin.gif

i dont know if you kept that first laker, but if you let it go it would not have survived, its gill is coming out of its gill plate, its a goner for sure, he may have survived a couple of hours in the water but not much more than that!

nice shooting any ways,,,,

Nice shooting.

Bassassin - That is the way it goes. When you troll to catch fish with hooks, death is going to happen. I am sure Vinnimon did the best he could, the Lake Trout's very nature is to spin when fighting which invites this kind of thing. The big lake is full of mud chickens due to heavy stocking so it is not like he physically assaulted an elderly woman. Lol

Nice shooting.

Bassassin - That is the way it goes. When you troll to catch fish with hooks, death is going to happen. I am sure Vinnimon did the best he could, the Lake Trout's very nature is to spin when fighting which invites this kind of thing. The big lake is full of mud chickens due to heavy stocking so it is not like he physically assaulted an elderly woman. Lol

What is a MUD CHICKEN?

BTW good shootin Vinni!

i dont know if you kept that first laker, but if you let it go it would not have survived, its gill is coming out of its gill plate, its a goner for sure, he may have survived a couple of hours in the water but not much more than that!

nice shooting any ways,,,,

Humans can survive with 1 lung so why can't a laker survive with 1 gill raker missing ? I happen to know for sure that bass and pike can survive with them ripped out because I have caught several that are missing large peices of their gills and they still hit my baits and looked quite healthy fish aren't as delicate as some people lead us to beleive but we all still need to try our best to properly handle fish .if that fish went in a cooler it's survival rate 0 even if it's only got a 30% chance it's still better than 0 ,if it didn't make it there's gonna be some full seagulls out there.

BTW nice fish Vince

Humans can survive with 1 lung so why can't a laker survive with 1 gill raker missing ? I happen to know for sure that bass and pike can survive with them ripped out because I have caught several that are missing large peices of their gills and they still hit my baits and looked quite healthy fish aren't as delicate as some people lead us to beleive but we all still need to try our best to properly handle fish .if that fish went in a cooler it's survival rate 0 even if it's only got a 30% chance it's still better than 0 ,if it didn't make it there's gonna be some full seagulls out there.

BTW nice fish Vince

I agree with the survival rate theory. My guess with gill damage is whether they bleed out because of the damage. The gills are very heavily vascularized, so it depends on how badly damaged they are. Some will survive, some won't.

OK I'm sick of this a buddy just replaced his boat he got rid of about 8 years ago with one he can use for bass & Down Riggen he has a couple of Scotty electrics on it & when we used to go I was a chaser, watching the gragh for hours as we marked fish I would either bring the Rigger up or Drop it quick as we marked fish & we would usually get bigger fish when I did that, 4 of us usually fished together and we took turns running everything, I didn't miss doinjg that at all until now so thanx for making me relize I really do miss that Dave & Bonnie come get me lets hit Kincardine maybe Sunday, Great report you guys are having fun

SBK Gonefishing.gif