Raven Lake

mrpike

HELLO !! Anyone out there got info on RAVEN LAKE just out side of DORSET ONTARIO. Iam going there next weekend for the frist time . what kind of fishing can I hope for on this lake . IS this a deep lake or shallow lake . Can I hope for some large pike up there at this time of year. Any info would be nice to get as its my frist time going fishing on this lake. THANKS MR PIKE.

THANKS for the info guys . THIS is my frist time going to this lake . IAM staying at camp dorset lions camp . where i can get my treatmeants for dialyisis . This is the frist time I can go away and stay for a week of holidays because they do dialyisis right there at the camp. And I need my treatmeants three times a week for four hours each treatmeant . This will be the longest time I have been away since I started dialyisis back in september of 2010. THIS is going to be great and I hope the fishing is going to be great there also . SO any info is also great if you have any. Lake trout and pike are what I like to fish for . Iam not much of a bass man at all . Rainbows are nice also if there is any of them around. THAT would be nice to catch also . THANKS MR PIKE.

Several lakes nearby if you have a boat. Shoe lake is right across the road from raven lake landing there is a public dock about 1km in shoe lake road, Paint lake is a 5 min drive as is lake of bays.

Good luck with both treatment and fishing.

Ian

That's awesome that you are getting away for I bit, I know Dialyisis can put a stop to alot of trips so it's great to see that you are getting away. My grandma has been on Dialyisis for about 14 years. She always had trouble getting away and finding a place like that and being able to get in there for her treatment. So congrats on that and hope you enjoy your time.

I have a cottage on Raven Lake.Where the camp is located is Deer Lake which is connected to Raven Lake through a shallow narrows with a bunch a large rocks but if you go slow in the boat you will be OK. Each year for the past five years or so - Deer Lake has produced 5 lbs + largemouths. Raven Lake has Lake Trout/Splake as well as smallmouths and largemouths which along with Rock Bass somehow ended up in Raven about 15 years ago (invasive species ?). The lake is definitely deep & in order to fish for Lake Trout/Splake you need to get down at least 35 feet in Raven (try trolling in front of the Raven's cliffs)no trout in Deer as it is too shallow since the lake was formed by damming.No pike in Raven with the nearest Pike lake being St Nora (one lake south of Raven on 35)& lakes south towards Minden on hwy 35. Lake of Bays & Paint Lake also have pike.

Good luck with your treatments & your fishing (you should do OK). If you have any questions - You can send me a PM.

Cheers

I have a cottage on Raven Lake.Where the camp is located is Deer Lake which is connected to Raven Lake through a shallow narrows with a bunch a large rocks but if you go slow in the boat you will be OK. Each year for the past five years or so - Deer Lake has produced 5 lbs + largemouths. Raven Lake has Lake Trout/Splake as well as smallmouths and largemouths which along with Rock Bass somehow ended up in Raven about 15 years ago (invasive species ?). The lake is definitely deep & in order to fish for Lake Trout/Splake you need to get down at least 35 feet in Raven (try trolling in front of the Raven's cliffs)no trout in Deer as it is too shallow since the lake was formed by damming.No pike in Raven with the nearest Pike lake being St Nora (one lake south of Raven on 35)& lakes south towards Minden on hwy 35. Lake of Bays & Paint Lake also have pike.

Good luck with your treatments & your fishing (you should do OK). If you have any questions - You can send me a PM.

Cheers

THANKS for the info I just hope I can get through the narrow s with my boat . I need at least twenty - five inches of depth.. just how deep are we talking on raven lake . I fish sand lake just out side of kearney ontario and it is about two hundred twenty in some spots and it is loaded with lakers . I got down riggers so i should be good. THANKS for all your help SIR . Iam really looking forward to this trip . KEITH.

THANKS for the info I just hope I can get through the narrow s with my boat . I need at least twenty - five inches of depth.. just how deep are we talking on raven lake . I fish sand lake just out side of kearney ontario and it is about two hundred twenty in some spots and it is loaded with lakers . I got down riggers so i should be good. THANKS for all your help SIR . Iam really looking forward to this trip . KEITH.

Hi Keith,

The narrows are marked but going slow you will have no problems as boats of all sizes pass through the narrows all the time with a bunch of cottages in the area.Raven is deep in spots (130 feet +). Fish like you do on Sand Lake you should get on some fish. Years ago I used to go to Sand lake @ Sandhurst when ex-Leaf Ron Ellis & his family owned & operated Sandhurst.

Martin