On-board charger question

wallyboss

I do not have space in my battery compartment to install a 2 bank charger, but right beside it is a storage area (where you see the ropes) is there anyway that I can install it in there?? I would mount it upside down from the top of the hole drill out a few holes to run the wires to the batteries.

Will there be an issue with the front of that storage area being opened up like that??

IMG_0749.jpg

No worries then. Not a lot of water can get in there. Put a grommet in the hole to prevent the wires from wearing on the sharp edges. And if you don't already have one, maybe you can put in a plug in a more convenient spot.

grommets.jpg

AC Plug.jpg

Do not mount it upside down as it won't cool properly.

If you want to mount it in tha location mount it on the back wall.

Mounting upside down doesn't let the heat disipate from the heat sinks and allows the heat to build up to levels that will shorten the life of your charger.

I have another question. I just bought a Minn Kota 2 Bank charger. My motor is 12 volts I have 2 batteries hooked up in parallel so when I hook up my 2 bank charger do I need to disconnect the parallel circuit when I charge my 2 batteries. That is easily done but do I need to?