Shoot out at Vaughn Mills shopping mall parking lot

Grimace

I'm still in the Hospital, but I hope the guys didn't get the wrong idea when I told them to go kick their butts cause I can't, I might think I could help even if I had a Rod & Reel to look at in here But no luck, scary stuff, we aren't that far behind, lol

SBK

HMMM I'll guess team #1 and team #10.

Edited by spinnerbaitking

I was just reading the Vancouver Sun about how the RCMP had complete disregard for the suspects charter rights in an ecstacy lab bust that the courts had to throw it out. So sometimes the cops screw up as well. Now those scumbags are walking the streets with the good people of Vancouver.

Often I imagine that the courts and the cops are pointing fingers at each other as the bad guys are snickering on their way out the door.

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/RCMP+Charter+violations+prompt+judge+toss+evidence+drug+probe/5183422/story.html

Since most of these shootouts seem to happen between groups of bad guys, I'd like to pay for those guys to take some shooting lessons so next time they can just kill each other and get it over with! Think about it,; fewer innocent bystanders hit and a couple of good gang wars and the crime rate would drop in no time. :whistling:

I will never be able to get my head around the idea of someone wanting to shoot someone. We have all wanted to stroke somebody in the chops here or there but I can not imagine ever wanting to blow somebody's head off.

Like those jerks in Yorkdale subway a couple years ago who were shooting at another drug dealer who ran into the crowd at 530pm these guys could not hit him, hell they missed most of the crowd. I think they got a few ladies in the legs. To further FishnAutographs point, they were out on bail for gun charges at the time.

I was just reading the Vancouver Sun about how the RCMP had complete disregard for the suspects charter rights in an ecstacy lab bust that the courts had to throw it out. So sometimes the cops screw up as well. Now those scumbags are walking the streets with the good people of Vancouver.

Often I imagine that the courts and the cops are pointing fingers at each other as the bad guys are snickering on their way out the door.

http://www.vancouversun.com/health/RCMP+Charter+violations+prompt+judge+toss+evidence+drug+probe/5183422/story.html

some courts in Canada aren't out to prove that the accused was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but that the police did something wrong....the system is backwards. I was talking with a few police officers in Cape Cod during my trip last week and they were shaking their heads at some of the things I told them. People I've arrested having the charges dropped in lieu of a small fine or 10 hours of community service

some courts in Canada aren't out to prove that the accused was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but that the police did something wrong....the system is backwards. I was talking with a few police officers in Cape Cod during my trip last week and they were shaking their heads at some of the things I told them. People I've arrested having the charges dropped in lieu of a small fine or 10 hours of community service

next time shoot em, you will just get a slap n the wrist and a fine... :whistling:

With all due respect, the courts are not out to prove anything. That's the job of the police force and the prosecutors.

no the police job is to get them to court with the best evidence possible, it's up to the prosecutor to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt....then it's up to the judge to make a decision...

police only need reasonable and probably grounds that the person committed the offence

Edited by FishnNAutographs

I understand that dear sir.

Your on one the sides of this argument. The cops. There are plenty of prosecutors and judges that could complain and whine all day long about the shabby evidence and poor police work that does not allow them to do their jobs.

I am on neither of those sides. The side I am on is the guy that pays the taxes and has to walk down the same street as the criminals that get let go.

I understand that dear sir.

Your on one the sides of this argument. The cops. There are plenty of prosecutors and judges that could complain and whine all day long about the shabby evidence and poor police work that does not allow them to do their jobs.

I am on neither of those sides. The side I am on is the guy that pays the taxes and has to walk down the same street as the criminals that get let go.

well said, but at the end of the day i have to walk the same street with my kids and knowing what I know about how poor the system is it's shocking and I pay tazes too lol...a lot of them hahaha

And where the crime rate has been in steady decline and has dropped to the lowest in decades. Let's not panic.

Hurray for Canada! Violent crime rates have dropped to there lowest levels in 40 yrs. Ontario leads the way with the lowest rates. I would think that is a good trend.

This gang shootout has no injuries and the police have no suspects, hardly a shootout.

Indeed. I should also state, and maybe should have earlier prefaced my argument that I am not at all unsympathetic with the police force's challenges. I just wanted to counter your point that in Canada the 'courts' give criminals a free pass when clearly it is the police as well.

I think another thing that I have failed to mention is that lots of good police work is being done and our courts have done plenty of hard work putting these thugs away. We also have the luxury as Mr Bailey has suggested of living in a country where the crime rate is fairly low.

I still look forward to lower crime rates however. I don't want to be walking with my wife and son through the BPS parking lot and get showered with bullets by some arse that thinks he should shoot someone that he thinks disrespected him and due to horrible aim takes my family down.

What gives crimminals an almost free pass in this country and always has is the fact that Liberals don't believe in "punishing" criminals when they are in power and the Conservatives don't believe in "PAYING" for punishing them when they are in power. Two sides of the same coin and the public just goes along with it year after year.

If it were up to me anyone discharging a firearm in public would be charged with 1 count of attempted murder for every pull of the trigger whether they hit anyone or not, and would result in 10 years behind bars with no chance of parole, no time off for good behavior and none of this 2 for 1 for pre trial custody crap. Courts are backed up? Too bad, wait your turn and your sentence starts when we get around to trying you.

If it were up to me anyone discharging a firearm in public would be charged with 1 count of attempted murder for every pull of the trigger whether they hit anyone or not, and would result in 10 years behind bars with no chance of parole, no time off for good behavior and none of this 2 for 1 for pre trial custody crap. Courts are backed up? Too bad, wait your turn and your sentence starts when we get around to trying you.

I agree with all of that.... Now how do we get it to actually happen given that Liberals won't vote to punish and Conservatives won't vote to pay to do it LOL. I say a one way ticket to a nice uninhabited island in the arctic solves the over crowding and cost problems. If you want to be a violent ganster just show how tough you are then you will able to do it to the other people who won a trip there first by being violent themselves.... If you make it back alive to the pick up point after your sentence is up you get a ride home if not too bad so sad.