hunterjoe84

Island camping

I am looking to take my wife and dogs island camping within 4 hrs from peterborough for a 4 day weekend in September. I have a tinny with a 15 hp that I will be taking. I have never been island camping before but really want to give it a try. I am an avid angler who loves to target walleye. I am willing to pay for access however free tent camping would be preferred. Anyone have any suggestions for lakes to check out? If you don't want to post pm's are appreciated.

Thanks

Willing to travel a bit further Joe?? I think you can make Temagami in 4.5 hours. I have 26 acres of waterfront you're welcome to use and make all the noise you like, or can also suggest a few islands further down the lake.

How big is the boat?

Free launch, free parking and free camping. Leaves a lot of money for BEER!

Edited by irishfield

Willing to travel a bit further Joe?? I think you can make Temagami in 4.5 hours. I have 26 acres of waterfront you're welcome to use and make all the noise you like, or can also suggest a few islands further down the lake.

How big is the boat?

Free launch, free parking and free camping. Leaves a lot of money for BEER!

All I can say is wow!! Your generosity is amazing! :clapping:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• 2842km an unforgettable week on an island, and a few tank Brookies

A few weeks back me and two good friends did a trip 5 years in the making.   We have himmed and hawwed  made excuses over the years this that and the other but we finally made it to Nipigon. Its an intimidating lake, no known charts, shoals that literaly jump out of 200 fow , not many campsites marked, water is cold as sin and a few hundred km from anywhere.  But over the years seeing a few reports here and there of the monsters that lurk we couldn't resist the urge any longer.    We l

in General Discussion

• Family, Fishing & RV Camping

Howdy!  It just worked out that I have some time off mid - late august. I know it's last minute but I'm hoping to get out for 4 - 5 days with the family for some relaxation and maybe to do a little fishing. Being that it's so late, most of the (well known) provincial parks are full.  Hoping to find somewhere quiet to bring the trailer(within 3-4 hours of Toronto, maybe a bit more if it's worth it) do a little fishing with the kids. Any suggestions? I have a small zodiac, being abl

in General Discussion

• Perth area camping and fishing?

I might have the opportunity to get away in the Perth area for some camping and fishing one weekend late August Any suggestions for on good places to camp and really nice fishing lakes? I’ll be going solo. Prefer camp sites with hydro as I will need to charge my trolling battery.  I’d either be taking my tent trailer and canoe with electric motor or roughing it with a tent and bringing my boat for gas and electric motoring. Both Silver Lake and Sharbot Lake PP’s are all pretty much boo

in General Discussion

• camping with motor boat access?

Looking for somewhere to go tent camping but has motorboat access (ramp, dock). Preferably somewhere with walleye, anywhere in the Muskoka or Haliburton area would be fine.    You can PM me if you don't feel comfortable posting public. Thanks. 

in General Discussion

• Grouse hunt/Camping trip up North - ideas

Hi Guys, Planing a grouse hunting/camping trip up North for end of September while weather is still good for camping and right after season opener. Did something similar late last fall (November) around Sudbury. Got some grouse, but would like to possibly go a bit further North for better and more numerous opportunities. Maybe few more hours driving added. It'll be family trip with the goal of the boys getting plenty of chances to see and shoot grouse.... Good fishing in the

in General Discussion