can of worms?

kickingfrog

Oh look a can of worms, lets open it! :wallbash:

The best plan that I have found is one that one's employer pays for. :whistling: That being said, the I-Phone has had a lot of positive comments because of all of the apps that are availible.

Wind has unlimited data and calling for $45 with no contracts, but I don't think they service your area.

Yup, zero service for Wind up here.

It's either Bell or Rogers (Or an offspind, like Telus/etc)

Wind is garbage IMO I tried them for about a month and as said they aren't in your area. I find rogers is the best way better then bell. Also look into the Samsung Galaxy phones they just brought out a new one but even there older model which is still new is a great phone has all the apps that Iphone does and also has more, You also can get free apps as well with the Androids where Iphones you pay for pretty much everything.

I wanted a qwerty phone and one that could browse the net with wi-fi but wasn't wanting to pay a small fortune for data. I picked up a Rogers Nokia C3-00 pay as you go phone for 84.00 taxes in. I pay 20.00 bucks a month for unlimited texting, unlimited local calling from 3PM to 6PM weekdays and unlimited browsing for when I am not able to use wi-fi at home or at work. Calling at other times is at the regular rate. If you have a rogers plan already you can just swtich the sim cards and add unlimited browsing for 10.00 bucks a month. It is only 1x browsing so it is a bit slower than some of my friends blackberry's and iphones. I haven't tried streaming movies but everything else I have tried works using Mini Opera 6.0

Allot of times you can get some good data plans deals for iPhone and androids. I got a 6GB data plan for the same price a 500MB data plan goes for. I was with Rogers but then ported to fido so I can get the iPhone ASAP and the 6GB data plan deal.

Just be aware, samsung phones have terrible service and updates,,, my son just picked up a koodoo blackberry for 45 a month, unlimited texting ,facebook not sure of minutes but kids dont talk anymore , and wifi which is everywhere now,, they gave it to him free and with no contract and 100 prepaid visa to boot. i use to have samsung galaxy android and loved it b ut had trouble with it ,data charges can add up when you start downloading all the free apps,,so be careful, and after awhile you realize you fell into the trap that you think you need those apps, once you download them ,you use them once and forget about them,, all i need is texting and a few numbers i call all the time ,i pay 30 a month with bell now ,compared to 100 a few months ago, data killed me and now i can live without it,no biggy ,good luck on your search as every phone is the best and will be the best until after you buy it and they come out with the new one. one app i did like from android was tail of tape,, acurate also..

Edited by lplp