Fly rods

Rob

A buddy of mine who owns some apartments called me and asked me if I wanted some fly rods that someone had left behind. I said sure! Here is the first one:

IMAG0223.jpg

it came with a fenwick reel with no line.

IMAG0224.jpg

The second rod is this St. Croix

IMAG0225.jpg

IMAG0228.jpg

and it has this Pfleuger reel

IMAG0227.jpg

Just wondering what line to get for these and if they are good to use. They seem like they are in great condition but just want some advice from the pros of OFC!

thanks,

Rob C

the second is rated for an 8 weight line. Can't help with the 1st.

No idea if they are good, with fly casting I have learned in my short time that its usually not the rod but the person casting it :)

For the second one, definitely an 8 weight - it says on it, chances are that the reel has the right line so give it a go and see how it works.

For the Mitchell, it doesn't say but i Googled 90-186 and got a link that mentioned it being a 7/8 which would be supported by the reel having 7/9 on it. Assuming the Pflueger has an 8 weight on it, that'll work for the Mitchell too. Worth trying it on both before shelling out on a line.

Assuming it all feels OK and the guides are in good shape, get out and give them a go. They'd be OK for bass, light pike and carp and steelhead in the fall (although they're a bit short for indicator fishing).

Good find!