Horwood Lake Foleyt Report

corvette1

Just got back from Horwood Lake. Went with Lund06 and my friend Rich. Had a great week. First trip ever it never rained during the day. We had two bad thunder storms at night. The first four days were awesome fishing and with the heat and storms at the end of the week it turned off and the fish went deep. Most fish were caught on bottom bouncers, spinners with worms, bouncers with floating jigs and leeches. We casted for pike with johnson silver minnows with pork. Largest pike for the week was 37" caught on a deep reef runner. Big walleye for the week was 32" caught on a bottom bouncer and worm. Enjoy the pictures....

horwoodlake2011077.jpg

Lund06 with a 26"

eye

horwoodlake2011075.jpg

Corvette1 with a 32" eye

017-1.jpg

37" pike

012.jpg

007-1.jpg

004.jpg

Lund06 27"

horwoodlake2011087.jpg

leaving Horwood Lake

001-1.jpg

Nice report and yes some good eyes for that area ! I fished in that area a couple years ago , we caught the train out of

Foleyte and traveled north toward the game reserve.Alot of small stuff but nothing as big as these ones.

Did you see any of the "white moose"that the Foleyte area is famous for ?

Nice fish! That 32"er must have been a real beast! The largest fish we caught at our last Horwood trip was 26" and it was really chunky. We had a hard time finding the fish on our last trip, but still had some success. Nice to see hear you did well.

Cheers.

Fantastic Doug, very glad your trip was a success!

Those are some big fish for Horwood, you guys obviously know how to catch walleye.

thanks mike i rather be lucky then good

Thanks for sharing Doug! As close as I'm gonna get to water for awhile..

Some nice fish there for sure and good friends! What more can you ask for..

thanks wayne if you need a fishing partner for the day give me a shout

Nice report and yes some good eyes for that area ! I fished in that area a couple years ago , we caught the train out of

Foleyte and traveled north toward the game reserve.Alot of small stuff but nothing as big as these ones.

Did you see any of the "white moose"that the Foleyte area is famous for ?

thanks 4x4 no moose of any color

nice fish! Horwood lake is quite far for me. I'm surprised so many of you have been there.

Horwood lake is close as far as I'm concerned.

Anywhere you can drive to and drop a big boat in that's less than a 7 hour drive from home is almost a day trip. :lol: