birthday bass!

adolson

After no success off the pier behind the marina in New Liskeard on Lake Temiskaming, I tried under the bridge in Latchford. Nothing. Then we hit Gillies Lake on the way home and... My new personal best for smallmouth, 19" (edit: just measured it while not sitting in the sink, and it's closer to 20" - say 19.5") off a dock there! Conversion charts say it's about 3.5lbs. It put up a great fight! Man, I freaking love fishing. I should have been doing this for the past ten years. I don't know why I got so lazy. I used to love fishing so much as a kid, and then went off to college, got married, got a job, and mostly forgot about it. Well, not anymore!

My previous best was 16.5"-17" (I didn't have the mouth closed, so I'm not sure exactly).

My wife was very patient despite feeling sick all day (we both ate really terrible food today, both of us felt horrible). She snapped a few pics.

226056_10150331879480928_728810927_9751950_4037031_n.jpg

188257_10150331879540928_728810927_9751952_5113038_n.jpg

284264_10150331879585928_728810927_9751953_245309_n.jpg

Weird look on my face in that last one, but it was the best pic she took... lol

Edited by Dana

Thanks, all! BTW, I caught it on that Cotton Cordell Super Spot lure I just got today. :) Not on the Jitterbug (that woulda been more awesome).

Next step - get a net so your fish aren't all covered in sand for the money shot!!!

(PS - we have the same tackle bag)

Haha, I have a couple nets but my fish and lures keep getting tangled and it's easier to walk off the dock and onto shore.. But I use it in the canoe, usually. But yeah, I know what you mean - at least there's less sand than in my avatar! And I love that Plano tackle bag. :)

Recipe for a soaked angler. Take one part small dock, combine with a 1/2 cup of tackle box laying at feet. Slowly add a dash of PB fish on the line and wait...

Nice fish but be safe!

lol, yeah. I am careful, but good advice. :)

Thanks everyone!

PS.. I assume you got the fish bone dislodged ok from your throat?

Ah, yeah. I think it went down on its own after a day or so. I did swallow marshmallows and bread and drank a ton of water. Hasn't been bothering me since. But it wasn't fun!

Am I the only one that noticed something funny with the action picture?

Lets see if anyone else can spot it. :whistling:

Now you have me wondering.. lol

Hey nice bass off the dock!!!

I always say 3-4 pound bass fight harder than their big 5 - 6 pound siblings. I find it way harder to land a 3.5 than a 5. They are in the air way more.

Nexyt step. Come to the 'School of Cudz' so I can show you how to hold the fish to make it look as big as it actually was.

Edited by Cudz

Nexyt step. Come to the 'School of Cudz' so I can show you how to hold the fish to make it look as big as it actually was.

Heh, well, this was one of many pics. This was the best pic of Me Holding the fish, and not really the best pic of me holding The Fish, if you know what I mean.

The self-shot pic in my avatar makes that fish look bigger than it actually was, to me anyhow. I shoulda did that again.

But I'm open to schooling. I'm here to learn. ;)