Wind From the East...Fish Bite Least?? - Report

Hello All,

This past Sunday afforded me the opportunity to fish with my good friend Christine Cope. Our time on the water is fairly limited with her past MP training, and since she is about to embark to Cold Lake, Alberta for an extended stay, getting in a few trips to the lake is definitely our hope.

Growing tired of the smallmouth game up in North Bay, Christine was itching for a day of heavy cover largies. It was off to my stretch of the Rideau River.

The heat had been insane leading up to this excursion but a small front came through the night before that diminished the humidity greatly. One thing I noticed immediately upon launching this morning – an east wind. The wind had not blown from this direction once in all of my trips to the river this season, and as the old adage goes, “wind from the east….fish bite least.” I hoped this wouldn’t be the case.

We started off the morning fishing some shallow flats with a mixture of vegetation. I was alternating between a Wake Bait and Swim Bait, while Christine stuck to her old faithful, a soft stick bait. Within 30 minutes we had two on the topwater and one on the “stick”, but all were fairly small in size.

Bass02-7.jpg

For the rest of the report, and to view more pics, check out my Website/Blog:

http://www.justinhoffmanoutdoors.wordpress.com

Good Fishing,

Justin

That was a great read and some nice photos again, Justin. You're really spoiling us with those!

Well, if it was a "fish bite least" day, at least you were able to get a quality fish. Or, should I say Christine was able to get a quality fish! lol

Thanks again.