WATER TEMP HELP

Good question Scott. I just do it all. Flip/pitch the lillys and pull blade baits over deep weeds,and throw chunks in to deep weed patches..

IMO one never knows where they are.You just might find the honey spot where otheres may have thought they were not.

I reread your post Scott and

I DONT WANNA WASTE MY TIME IN SHALLOW WATERS IF ITS TOO WARM AND HAVE PUSHED THE BASS OUT

Like many others,you need to learn for yourself and do your own homework. Tips here and there are ok,but my friend,get out there and do your homework.Wasted your time?

Edited by Misfish

Yea I have found that bass don't mind warm waters as long as there is some sort of cover, I was pulling smallies out of weed beds in 2 fow at my parents last night and today and largies like the warmth more so from what I have seen and ready.

Surface water temp. is just something useless we talk about.

Our job every time we go on the water is to find fish. So on your fav. lake deep is 4ft so turn around and check it. More important to me is general activity levels bugs,birds,minnows, water color.

Then what the weather leading up to fishing day, is the weather improving or is there front every day or two will determine how aggressive I will start out fishing then let the fish tell me what to do.

On Scugog I rarely turn my fish finders on.

It`s summer time, the spawn is over, so now it`s all about food and cover. They don`t get big chasing food, they get big parking themselves next to a good food supply.

It`s no where near as simple as water temperature alone, and you folks up north get a couple of extra wild cards thrown in, pike and skis, they make bass a food supply. Logically? Early morning start at the shore line, on a lot of lakes it`s the boating, fishing, swimming season. Increased activity levels on the water in warm weather during the day can make some night feeders, they may hang around the shallows until activity there increases.

Move deeper as the day progresses, water depth provides a source of cover, limited perhaps but more options for them to use to get away. I have caught largemouth and smallies schooled together in deep water (20 feet), up north or here. LOL, but on the Georgian in mid to late September? It makes me think available food was more of an issue than water temp?

KVD might be able to think like a fish? but even he doesn`t win all the time. It`s a mental exercise that can drive you nuts if you`re not catching them? as long as it`s still fun trying?

I was catching smallies in Haliburton all weekend....once we gave up trying to find them in their usual spots. Only ONE fish all weekend was caught deeper than 8 feet....on a deep weed edge in about 18-20 FOW.

We were catching them shallow....2-6 FOW near heavy cover - it was like largemouth fishing.

The water was warm (almost hot) near shore, but there was bait, so that's where the smallmouth were hanging out.

I'm with you on not finding the Haliburton smallies in their usual haunts-it's a "break the rules" summer it seems.