Eddie North's Attawapiskat Adventures- Virtual Fly -in

Bassive

Attached are some pics from our trip up to Eddie North's place, the week of July 9th.

Lot's of great fish and laughs.

chariot.jpg

Our chariot to the great north!!

gear.jpg

Our gear...and beer!!

We drove up on the Friday from Toronto with good time. 1250 KMs in 14 hours (with a few stops along the way)

We over nighted at a great Place Lower Twin Lakes Lodge in Nakia. John and family are GREAT hosts with, nice accommodations, great price and roomy cabins. The porta-o-pottys have flowers and reading material for those who like to linger. asshat.gif

Part 1

moose bunk.jpg

part 2

We got to the Nakina Air and met with our other camp mates. A couple of seasoned fisherman from Ohio.

After our smooth flight in to camp we noticed that Eddie was busy making some great improvements to the camp. The camp now has a cool new set of stair to the water, all hand made.

Eddie has been very busy working on camp improvements. Bravo bud, it's looking great! Can't wait for the bowling ally and games room to be complete.. LOL

stairs.jpg

We also noticed that the water was low, so we hand to adjust our game plan and fishing style after a quick tour around.

low water.jpg

Part 5..

The walleye fishing was GREAT!! The bite was always on and they could be virtually had anywhere there was current. They love a simple jig with a white grub setup that week. No need to get fancy or to break the bank on expensive lures. 1/4 oz jig heads and some grubs lasted the week. The Pike loved Johnson Silver Minnows in Silver and Gold. again...SAVE YOUR CASH FOR MORE FLYIN TRIPS!! ( I've learnt my lesson....) wallbash.gif

walleye.jpg

The shore lunch was great too. I don't eat fish...but I was glad to help add to the fish count for the fry. angel.png

shore lunch.jpg

more!!Gonefishing.gifGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gifGonefishing.gif

Mick's monster!!!

MTLs Big Pike2.JPG

Another Bassive beauty!!

nice pike.jpg

THE STATS!!

Our boat had..five fish 40 inches plus, and over twenty fish in the 30's. ALL FISH WERE FAT!! They are eating very well at Eddie's.

Sun stroke x 2 (DON'T FORGET TO DRINK YOUR WATER and WEAR A HAT!!!)

Over all, at my last count the camp had about 15 fish in the 40's, with the biggest at 45 inters (there were 3-4 caught of that size)

They days were HOT and the fishing was consistent.

Hope you like the pics...Lot's more on my Flickr account...More Bassive pics!!!

Thanks again to my crew, Eddie and James for the TONS of laughs, advice and memories.

cheers!!

Bassive (aka Chef Boyardee rofl2.gif)

Wow the water looks like it has dropped a couple feet the past 3 weeks but it doesn't look like it affected the fishing.Nice fish!I do have a question the pic of the walleye was it taken just to the east of where Eddie has the picnic table set up for shore lunch?Looks fimilar

Looks like you guys did well! :thumbsup_anim: Too bad about the sun/heat stroke - one of our guys had it as well. Great report!!

Finally got the pics from the last guy in our group, only 35 gigs of picture, video and audio files to go through. :wallbash: Report to come....

Looking forward to that one, Will. Going to be a bittersweet read (you know why).

Bassive---good stuff!! Can't go wrong up there!

Looking forward to that one, Will. Going to be a bittersweet read (you know why).

Bassive---good stuff!! Can't go wrong up there!

hey gents!

it's a great place indeed.

Funny, i still have to download vids to You Tube. (and edit...a few swears got in there). whistling.gif

Can't wait to see the next report. Keep em coming!

Wow the water looks like it has dropped a couple feet the past 3 weeks but it doesn't look like it affected the fishing.Nice fish!I do have a question the pic of the walleye was it taken just to the east of where Eddie has the picnic table set up for shore lunch?Looks fimilar

CORRECT!! my good man.

That was the very spot that supplied the boys with "lunch". Gonefishing.gif

thumbsup_anim.gif