Conservation Officers on ScugogI

barrystrs

I like being stopped by COs

I don't like being stopped by Cops

on LakeSimcoe there are 7 different forces and they don't talk to each other about the 7th time I get stopped on a weekend I lose it

but the COs ...happy to see them

I like being stopped by COs

I don't like being stopped by Cops

on Lake Simcoe there are 7 different forces and they don't talk to each other about the 7th time I get stopped on a weekend I lose it

You would think that they would come up with some kind of "tagging" for your boat to show that you had been checked on a given day. Just a brightly coloured piece of paper, it could be held up before they even got close to ID you had been checked on a given day. This would allow more time to check others who haven't been. Rotate through a selection of colours to avoid "cheaters". Yes there would be some costs involved but you'd have some happy boaters.

CO's I welcome with open arms. The creel study folks.. not so much. Finally get on a good spot at dusk, the fish start to bite and someone pulls up in a boat to ask how the fishing is :wallbash:

Being hassled continuously by the same OPP marine unit on the same lake :wallbash: ...but last year they either had their budget reduced or finally realized I'm the only boat of it's kind on the lake and started driving by with a wave.

You would think that they would come up with some kind of "tagging" for your boat to show that you had been checked on a given day. Just a brightly coloured piece of paper, it could be held up before they even got close to ID you had been checked on a given day. This would allow more time to check others who haven't been. Rotate through a selection of colours to avoid "cheaters". Yes there would be some costs involved but you'd have some happy boaters.

We were stopped on Erie by pelee island a few weeks ago.... the OPP boat gave us a yellow sticker and said " put this on your boat where it is visable, that way if another OPP boat comes by, you just point to the sticker and they know you have been checked ! "

They were doing there "random safety checks" on the lake that day..... 2 out of 3 strikes (no anchor and no flash light ) ... you were good to go ! 3 strikes... you got a ticket hahah

i have been stopped several times this year on scugog by both the OPP and MNR. the cops did a very thorough search, including checking my storage compartments and cooler. the mnr i see quite often now and am aware of the routine so its normally pretty painless. i barely even have to bring in my rod when mitch pulls up now, he just cruises beside me while i show him everything.

on a side note i was up at my cottage on three mile lake this weekend and OPP were out in full force pulling everyone and there uncle over. I was pulled over on thursday night at 8PM!!! i saw the ticket book coming out several times after they flagged down a boater. lots of seadoo's getting pulled over too. was nice to see that

i have been stopped several times this year on scugog by both the OPP and MNR. the cops did a very thorough search, including checking my storage compartments and cooler. the mnr i see quite often now and am aware of the routine so its normally pretty painless. i barely even have to bring in my rod when mitch pulls up now, he just cruises beside me while i show him everything.

on a side note i was up at my cottage on three mile lake this weekend and OPP were out in full force pulling everyone and there uncle over. I was pulled over on thursday night at 8PM!!! i saw the ticket book coming out several times after they flagged down a boater. lots of seadoo's getting pulled over too. was nice to see that

Yup, got checked on three mile on Saturday!.. So many morons on jets skis doing dumbstuff... Surprised nobody got killed !