My first report

Jigs

Hi folks, just thought I'd share my first report before hitting the hay and going back to reality (work) tomorrow morning. The fishing was tough for me this weekend with the exception of Saturday morning where I did fairly well. I caught about 8 walleyes and a pike that morning with one of the walleyes just over 6. The rest were anywhere from 1.5 to 3lbs. The fishing was better for me in the morning than evenings this weekend, which is usually the opposite and I was pretty much skunked in the heat of the day except for a fish here and there. One thing's for sure, it beat being at work or at home on the couch. ;)

Anyway, here are some of the highlights (I included a smallish pike because they're rare now where we fish). Sorry about the pics not being the greatest it's hard when you're alone in the boat and pounded by a steady west wind. Just ask Mercman and Musky Mike about that wind on Saturday.

6lbswalleye.jpg

5lbssmallie.jpg

PIke.jpg

And a Jigs post wouldn't be complete without........Release videos! :D These are still very raw I'll do something more fun with them some other time when it's not 12:30am ha ha.

Hope everyone had a great time on the water. Cheers, Jigs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsBrv3ja3L0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8U9vgH4j4BE

Excellent fish Andre !!! You are right about the waveswallbash.gif The 3 mile run back to the launch was and adrenaline rush for sure. 2-3 foot chop really through around my litle 16'. Mike is sposed to take the wife and i out for walleye in the near future. This time as a friend, and as a first customer tooclapping.gif

UHHHH...did i miss something here....looks like a pretty good fishing to me...AWESOME BASS!

Absolutely liking the underwater shots...that was amazing...really cool to watch the wally go home down into

the weeds!

I'm guessing he was dissapointed cause the walleye have been pounding lately... And big smallies are pretty normal here...

And the big winds made it difficult and frustrating to fish...

But it did look like an ok weekend to me... Better than working... Nice solo picks and videos andre... Keep up the good work

Thanks guys. A bit disappointed because of the lack of consistency. Like I said I started the weekend off with a bang and then my pattern dissipated. I was catching 4 per hour in the first 2-3hrs and thought I'm onto something for sure and then had a harder time finding regularity after that. Only a few fish here and there type-thing. They either moved off the spots I was fishing or stopped biting. You have to understand too that Musky Mike and the other walleye guys out there set the bar pretty high so I want to try my best to keep up. biggrin.gif In all honesty these are tough waters to fish so I'm pretty happy. And yes it beats working, or a kick in the teeth!

Thanks for the responses. Cheers.

Excellent fish Andre !!! You are right about the waveswallbash.gif The 3 mile run back to the launch was and adrenaline rush for sure. 2-3 foot chop really through around my litle 16'. Mike is sposed to take the wife and i out for walleye in the near future. This time as a friend, and as a first customer tooclapping.gif

Thanks Paul. I saw you heading back in there. Looked like fun! wink.gif

Hey what is that yellow pole in the center of your boat if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.

Thanks Paul. I saw you heading back in there. Looked like fun! wink.gif

Hey what is that yellow pole in the center of your boat if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.

rofl2.gif That was my Muskie rod in the Rod holder, with a yellow rod glove on it.whistling.gif