Dang, need to spend mo' money!!! :(

DRIFTER_016

I see nothing over my HDS5..except on screen showing how far your signal goes out on bottom

the only real-time color LCD sonar unit ..bull what modern unit isn't real time

on mine when I lift my jig it goes up the very nanosecond I start to lift it and same going down...can get more real time then that

it's a nice unit but I don't like flashers

Terry is right - I use my elite 5 unit and compared to my buddies Marcum, I think it is better. Real-time, picks up jig well, and I put it back on the boat in March:)

I love watching that gradual ski-slope line as the fish move up towards my jig from the bottom.

Wow, I gotta say this is one sweet unit, it covers all the bases, Flasher mode, chart mode or a colum type unit. This unit can be used as either type or a combination of the three, it's not just a flasher,it has all the bells and whistles anyone could ask for. A great unit for the high tech fishers who like to play with there electronics. The only things I don't like is the tranducer arm set-up, a floater is 100x better and easier, and I hate the interference that Marcum units give off, other then that it is one impressive machine.

Edited by canadadude

Wow, I gotta say this is one sweet unit, it covers all the bases, Flasher mode, chart mode or a colum type unit. This unit can be used as either type or a combination of the three, it's not just a flasher,it has all the bells and whistles anyone could ask for. A great unit for the high tech fishers who like to play with there electronics. The only things I don't like is the tranducer arm set-up, a floater is 100x better and easier, and I hate the interference that Marcum units give off, other then that it is one impressive machine.

I don't notice any interference, but then again I have an LX-5 :)

Maybe if I had one of those VEX things I would have a problem with it. :whistling:

The issue is caused by the high power of the Marcum units. More power=better target separation. ;)