What an incrediable day!

Big Cliff

Simon and Sean (Pikeslayer & pikeslayer jr) had invited John and I to go out fishing with them on Lake O. Unfortunatly, john couldn't make it but what a day!

I was awake at 1:00 am, couldn't get back to sleep, I was just too excited, you'd think by now I'd just take a fishing trip in stride but no, not me.

Had my breakfast, checked the weather, checked my gear (two or three times) had my shower and was on the road by 3:30 am.

I made really good time and was at the launch by 5:25, plenty of time to sit and enjoy my coffee before Simon and Sean showed up.

They got there exactly as planned, about 5:30, these two have the routine down pat, and within minutes the boat was in the water and we were ready to head out:

What a spectacular morning, light winds, the humidity was down, here is the view that greated us as we headed out into the lake.

DSC00648.jpg?t=1311520455

The guys were fantastic to watch as they rigged the lines and coordinated what they were going to use and what depths they were going to run. I have to be honest with you, it was really nice to be able to sit back and watch two pros do their thing.

It wasn't long before we had a shaker on the line, a little guy about 2 lbs. nothing to get excited about but at least we weren't going to be skunked.

Then it happened, all h broke loose Fish on! It should have been Sean's turn but he graciously told me that shakers didn't count to go for it. I thought about argueing with him for a second and then grabbed the rod.

What a fight, we knew early on that this was a nice fish and it fought beautifully, a couple of spectacular jumps, it managed to get into the prop wash and use that to it's advantage but with Simon at the controls, and Sean on the net, that fish didn't stand a chance. (not sure of the exact weight because the scale kept jumping around, well maybe it was just because I was shaking so hard LOL) somewhere a little over 17 lbs.

DSC00658.jpg?t=1311521375

The rest of the day was no less exciting, another shaker hit but got off, and a couple of more hits, two more fish on but unfortunatly no more landed.

About noon we headed back in, the sun was starting to get really hot. Back at the launch Simon and Sean did their thing again, bing bang, on the trailer and all secured in short order. It is really nice to watch a father and son team work together like that.

Then it was off to clean the fish, relax, and have a bite of lunch. Again I was treated like I had just hired a high priced guide service; they took care of everything for me, (including an ice cold beer) they cleaned the fish, packaged the fish, packed the fish on ice, then off we went to their place for lunch.

Right in Streetsville but what a beautiful spot. Simon BBqs some sausages and burgers, Marianne had some nice salads put out for us, Sean and Tyler (Simon and Marianne's daughter) sat in the shade, talked and relaxed until lunch was ready.

Then it was time for me to head for home, the drive home was a lot slower but I still made it home in good time. I came in the door expecting to have to make Sue a nice fish dinner but she had already planned everything for me.

Dinner, a beer, and I was done LOL. I crawled into bed and didn't hear a thing until about 7:30 this morning.

Simon, Sean, Marianne, Tyler; thank you all for making this a most enjoyable day! John, so sorry you couldn't join us but we'll get together soon.

So sorry I couldn't join you guys as you know I was as excited as Cliff about getting out on Lake O and adding

to my very limited 'rigging experience. Very disappointed but really happy to see you all had a great day. Nice

fish Cliff. Hopefully this weather changes to something a little less hot and humid (kinder to my lungs)and I

will be able to get out in my boat and try to put one or two in the net.

Thanks for the report boys..........

Sounds like the fire is still burning bright Cliff ! Great report .. boy does that ever bring back memories for me ... when I used to keep my boat at Harbour Port marine in Port Credit and jump in my boat for a few hours of riggin on the way home from Oakville ... back then it was more Coho thank Chinnies ... but they all put up some great action ... and you cant beat a calm cool morning for getting close to your maker !

Thanks for the report !

J.

SANY0042.jpg

For the record Cliff, it was a little over 18 lbs 18.7 I believe.

LOL

Great report cliff, great fish too!

I have lost my bestest fishing buddy as he moved towns, not saying our routine was anything as slick as the pikeslayers....but i do do miss the well rehearsed routine that we established...makes a lot of difference.