Carp Fishing this year

spinnerdoc

This year was a blast for me at spring time, they fight well this time I find. They were just rippin line out like crazy. I was in hibernation in terms of carp fishing. I didn't have my full carp gear out and i was about to sell my rod pod, luckily, i did not. I fished with a regular spinning set up and not with the baitrunner so i had to stay close to the rod at all times. At times, I put the reel on neutral position and engage it when the fish takes. Over the years i learned to calm the nerves wen carp takes although it is chalenging when you have been waiting for a while, luckily this season was a great one. Sorry for some of the quality as all were taken from my phone.Enjoy

The set up

Photo042.jpg

And of course the fishies, these are the ones i was able to take pics of

Photo040.jpg

Photo041.jpg

Photo037.jpg

Photo039.jpg

Like i have said they were full of fight and it was esp. cool fighting them on 8lb mono, i did loose a couple of feeders in the beginning but oh well, solved that problem adding braided leaders

Here are nicer pics from the years gone by...

PICT0012 2.jpg

carp1.jpg

carp2.jpg

Edited by spinnerdoc

Nice fishing...

You can get a small tripod at walmart for your camera... 10-20 bucks and then you can do self portraits... That's what I do... I usually fish carp alone...

I usually just have my camera with me but the 2 times that i went i left them. Thanks for reminding me, i actually have a mini tripod. I am just to lazy to bring it

Nice fish! Where did you get that net from? I'm trying to find a good sized small meshed net head to go on my 3 section net pole and can only find all-in-one net and pole types.

Not sure what type of net handle you have but you can get a "match" net head if it fits. There are a few on-line stores in Ontario that sells quality Euro-style carp and match gears. My favourite is New World Carp (www.newworldcarp.com), Carp Kit International has mostly carping gears but worth a check too.

BTW, Nice fish and glad more people are enjoying this fine sport of carp fishing.

Edited by wolfville

Not sure what type of net handle you have but you can get a "match" net head if it fits. There are a few on-line stores in Ontario that sells quality Euro-style carp and match gears. My favourite is New World Carp (www.newworldcarp.com), Carp Kit International has mostly carping gears but worth a check too.

That's what i need - it's a take-apart carbon handle I brought from the UK but we were advised to leave things like nets at home when we shipped the stuff over so i gave the nets I had away :angry: . I don't need a 42" specimen net just a good sized match net will do it - I'll check out those sites, thanks again! :good:

Edit>> Is New World Carp an actual shop or just a mail order place?

Edited by cuzza

Edit>> Is New World Carp an actual shop or just a mail order place?

NWC is an on-line store but it does have store hours you can go there to check out the stuff before you buy. Try send Stephen an email from NWC's site and he will take care of you. I'm not sure about CKI but I think you can at least make an appointment for a visit.

Sweet fish Edwin!

So when are you going to be machining a pod of your own? :whistling:

Hey Mike, How's it going? Actually i did make one a few years ago but I left it one fishing trip and never saw it again. It was a bummer :(

i love the underwater photography youve been posting by the way