Drop shot

ld17

I only run straight 8lb flouro. Trilene 100%. Pretty sure the p line is a bit stiffer line. Line twist is unavoidable with drop shotting.

As mentioned a small swivel can help with it, but I believe u lose a little feel with that, and u add a knot that creates a weak point.

Also, learning to back reel will help eliminate the most twist.

Hey guys, Im running P line fluoro coated line and im getting line twist. What do you guys do to stop this? Thanks

I use the same line, love it. At the end of my day,I just take all the tackle off,let out 100ft of line out in the water while moving ,for about 5 minutes.Reel back in ,and alls good.

i use a small swivel out of my steelhead gear 15 lb power pro main line ans 8 -12 lb seagar leader line with phoenix or owner drop shot weights with the swivels as well matched with a drop shottin carrot stix and a shimano stella reel mostly perfect now, but tangled like crazy when i used flouro main line, best thing to reduce line twist is to stop catching little smallies

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it's a personal choice (and perhaps old fashioned) but over the years i've deemed fluoro mainline as garbage and not worth the hassle. personally i'd prefer a traditional mainline with a 100% fluoro leader from 12" to 3' in length and a micro swivel depending on the conditions.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

Hey bud,tried that aswell.It does lessen the amount of twist,it still happens. I did try a swivel aswell,but still get it.

yeah doesn't rally stop line twist but bait casters handle twisted line much better