Portrait of my pooch...NF

lew

Maureen Shelleau posts on this board as Lake Ranger, and along with Phil Harrison, does the fishing cartoons for Off the Dock Toons that we often see here.

Besides the cartoons she is also extremely talented at drawing animals, especially horses, but she does an incredible job on dog portraits also.

I talked to Maureen awhile back about doing a portrait of my little buddy Marvin. I sent her a favorite photograph of him and she took it from there. I picked it up a couple days ago and thought some of you dog lovers may be interested in seeing it.

The picture is 20" X 25" and is in a portrait shop in Lakefield right now having a custom frame made for it. It'll then hang in the living room.

It looks even better in person than this photograph but you'll get a pretty good idea of the talent involved in doing this.

marvin_inprogress1copy1.jpg

Wow...that's impressive. She might even be good enough to do a drawing of you that looks like you're actually smiling, Lew whistling.gif

I don't think anyones THAT good johnny :lol:

Here's your touque Terry and it's still one of my favorite pics of Ole Marv :thumbsup_anim:

Cnv1680.jpg

Edited by lew

Gee, thanks everyone for such inspiring comments! I really don't know what to say other than thanks Lew for posting this, I'm really happy to hear there is a likeness and that you're happy with the pooch portrait! Marvin was a fun guy to draw so that always makes the job easier! Sorry about missing out on the touque though, I figured since it's summer he would be fine without it. :)

I posted this a while ago, but just to give you another perspective of Maureen's talent.

My beloved Benson who we lost a year and a half ago and his best buddy Chloe.

Ben_Chloe_2010smcopy.jpg