Broke my prop?

davey buoy

Went out this morning out of the wasaga river and wouldn't you know it,a good distance out and my fish finder is reading 5'. Can't be right,about a half km from shore no brown or shallow water showing except for about half way in. All of a sudden I hear small shakes and there is two of my three blades damaged about inch or so from the edge down.

Thank godness it was my black regular 19 pitch prop and not my stainless 21 pitch prop.Are these worth fixing?,or better to buy a used or new one?.

It's off my 86 305 mercruiser inboard/outboard.

Where would be a reasonable place in the Barrie to toronto area where I could get it possibly fixed/used one/new one?.

I would be mostly interested in a 19 pitch or a 17 pitch prop. Thank you in advance,davey.

I'm almost thinking it might of been sand or one bolder in the wrong spot as there is not any paint off the keel of the drive which hangs a little lower than the prop. The ends of the two blades are cracked and bent over. Only a small sliver missing. Thanks for the help guys.davey

A repaired done by somebody who knows his stuff will be better than a new Merc Black aluminum one. one. A new ones that I bought weren't even done right. I layed the prop blades down on the floor and one of the blades wasn't touching the floor. All the ones I've had repaired have come back done properly.

A repaired done by somebody who knows his stuff will be better than a new Merc Black aluminum one. one. A new ones that I bought weren't even done right. I layed the prop blades down on the floor and one of the blades wasn't touching the floor. All the ones I've had repaired have come back done properly.

Thanks wallyboss,that's the way I'm going.I don't know how they would get the right pitch if all blades were damaged?.Luckily with one blade not touched they

can get it right.

Thanks again guys,met with Louis today,dropped my prop off and he is going to repair,change pitch and throw in a washer for $90 bucks. Prop will be as good or better than new. I guess the shop has split up,he's at the same address but his name and phone number has changed.

Here's the new info,"City wide propeller repair"-phone number 905-612-8040. Seems to be very busy.Thanks again.davey.:thumbsup_anim: