My Pops needs your prayers

Hi everyone,

I would like to hold my Pops up and into your thoughts. He is so ill with stage 3 lung cancer. He finished 33 radiation treatments the end of June. Had two more chemotherapy sessions left this month but the doctor cancelled them.

I had taken two weeks off work to help with the driving to his radiation treatments, I thought it was working. I went to visit him last weekend and oh my God I can't get out of my mind what I saw on his back. Brutal, just brutal. He has a burn from the radiation the size of a dinner roll plate I'm guessing 8" in diameter. His skin is purple and red and peeling. I don't want to think that he isn't going to make it - but I need to get ready.

I don't think he weighs 90 lbs....they are to start him on oxygen. His eyes are different....it's like life is leaving him.

I was told last night that he will be going into care August 2, 2011. I am hopeful that he will come back home. He is only 68 years young.

Please say a prayer for Gary.

Thanks

Nancy

A tough road for sure Nancy, known all to well to me. I hope your father has better success than mine did.

I've seen them stop chemo on a few patients here before the protocol was supposed to be done, in the last 8 months we've been at Sinai, and it was because their body couldn't handle it anymore. On 2 out of 3 of them the chemo had stopped any progression and or shrunk the tumors. I'm hoping your Pops is part of the same 66% !