Evening on the water...

I wanted to get the kids out one evening this week and finally managed to swing it tonight... We didn't get out of the driveway until 7... At which time most 2.5 to 4.5 year olds are probably getting into their P.J.'s. lol I figure you can't trade in good memories with the kids just to make sure they stick to their bed time! Anyways, we were out from 7:15 or so until about 9:15..... Just as the fish really started to eat Mommy called and gave us a hard time about getting home! lol. I'll let the pics tell the rest...

Before hitting the water we checked out the Area where we'll be hosting the Fish-a-Thon!

61f64e39.jpg

c922246d.jpg

bc528f4b.jpg

Then we hit the water and Averie got into the gills before I even got my rod rigged...

ff606759.jpg

2102c0c5.jpg

After some panfish action the kids decided they wanted to go for a quick dip...

02abf2d6.jpg

20a9c818.jpg

fcacaad7.jpg

1207b4d5.jpg

After the swim it was time to get comfy and enjoy a snack and bedtime movie while dad caught a few fish

fdf8bb8c.jpg

e21a0b64.jpg

b076e3df.jpg

Like I said just started to get some bites as the moon came up over the horizon but it was time to call it a night

32cba692.jpg

65fa416b.jpg

Goodnight!

Ryan, Averie and Luke

AHHHH.. so you were pre-fishing!!! Where's the pen...

:whistling: haha Actually I'd like to see if I can put some patterns together to help out our Fish-A-Thoner's - I've always excluded myself from winning any of the prizes so pre-fishing is pretty pointless for me! Just get the braggin' rights! :thumbsup_anim:

Leave a couple in there for us to catch Ryan. Must be nice to be so close to a great spot like that.Looking forward to chucking a couple of baits around out there.

No worries Chris! Not last night anyways! haha The kids swam more than we fished.... ticket was a craw on a flippin jig off of trees last night though.... this morning it was topwater baits until I left shortly after 7 a.m.

Portable DVD player... Good idea...

It's actually my iPad which is an upgrade from the portable DVD player we used to use..... The DVD player was great to, but it's nice not having to worry about batteries or DVD's... I love it because once the kids are done fishing and swimming and such... I just pop on a movie and I get to actually fish for a while! lol