musky rod suggestions

K_F

so in the bonehead move of the year (so far) i broke one of my musky rods on a snag (rope tied to cinder block). it started to move and i figured it was a piece of wood. Brilliant i know, anyways i need to replace the rod, im looking for the following criteria

-2 piece

-troll or cast

-not ridiciously expensive

i fish the kawarthas and ive got a abu c3 6501 to go on this rod. the rod i broke was a rapala magnum i picked up for $60 and i really didnt have a problem with it. im just looking for some suggestions - 2pc seem to be not all that popular from what i have seen.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

kf

i just got a bass pro rod its a 2pc musky series that comes with a counter wieght it was only 130 i also have a 2pc compre and a st croix legend series and they are all good but the bass pro give you best bang for your buck at a reasonable price

I just picked up 2 Shimano TDR 9' trolling rods at Canadian Tire. They were $60 each. They are 2 piece medium action with a fast tip. They are not a true musky rod but more of a utility rod. I figure they will do me to start. I have them paired with a Penn 320 GTi and a Diawa Great Lakes reel. If you are only spending $60 on a rod you'll get what you pay for.

For the price, the Compre is a great rod. I use Loomis and St.Croix rods now, but my old compres have held up to hundreds of fish.

Another great rod that is not very expensive (any more) are the Fenwick HMG AV rods. Not sure if they are still being made, but they can be found as old inventory items. I think when I first got one, the rods were between $160 and $200. Think I saw a bunch at JBs fishing depot for like $80 in the fall.