my favorite pics

adolson

I feel kinda lame posting my pics here. I don't have a fancy camera, and they don't look as good as most of the stuff I see you guys posting, but nevertheless, here's a few shots I took this year that are my favorites so far.

Pete's Dam

images47w1009h826q90.jpeg

Duck that hung out for 1-2 hours as we caught walleye. Mattagami Lake

images19w1009h826q90.jpeg

Mosquito bite. Mattagami Lake

images27w1009h826q90.jpeg

Pete's Dam

images51w1009h826q90.jpeg

Canada Day fireworks. New Liskeard

images53w1009h826q90.jpeg

After we were done fishing for the day. Mattagami Lake

images39w1009h826q90.jpeg

(I hope those scale down automatically like I saw on the other posts. I'm sorry if there are too many pics or if they're too big.)

Edited by Dana

No fancy camera required Dana. Those are some great shots.

Thanks. :) My friends have spent thousands on their camera gear, and they get awesome pics. Mine is just a Canon P&S, but I just have too many hobbies to drop more than $150-ish on a camera right now.

I should have labeled those pics.. I'll edit my post and do that now, in case anyone is curious about location.

:thumbsup_anim: thats an awesome lookin fly! good job to who ever made that one!

I confess, I tied it. blush.gif

It was on a dare from Aplumma who said if I could tie a mosquitoe he'd donate to the "Fishing for Tyler."

I tied, he paid!

Thanks for the kudos. :)

Thanks everyone.. I still don't like my pics as much as others my friends do, or people here (Brandon for example).

Cool shot! Reminds me of one I took. ;)

mosquito_2.JPG

Haha, I didn't even notice what it was at first. I'm stupid sometimes. :)

What others have said, don't knock the hardware. The pics are good and the enthusiasm is evident.

I often feel that people today jump into DSLRs when theres no real need. Meaning they can get a PnS and do just as well, for what they want. It's not the hardware that makes a good photo, and having all the best equipment while it helps in some respects, it's not the be all and end all. I know people that have spent tons of money on stuff, having all the best and it doesnt help them take better pictures.

I have and use both, and which I'm using at any given time depends entirely on what I'm shooting/doing.

Sometimes it's the driver, sometimes it's the car, usually a bit of both. Thats not to say you can do anything with a PnS that you can with a DSLR, you can't. But understanding each systems strengths, limitations and photography and staying within the limitations, makes Aay differences (and there are differences) moot. Even the best "hardware" has limitations.

Obviosly a cover shot

p334343025-6.jpg

A "double truck"...2 page spread.

p541965050-4.jpg

One of those was taken with "thousands worth of gear" and one of those was taken with a $400 Point and Shoot.

Can you see/tell a difference?

Go out, continue to have fun with what you own and take great pictures, your well on the way and you can do it with any system.

J

Edited by JBen