Tuesday Afternoon Steel

Bly

Well, I had a few hours today while the little one was at school, so I threw my fishing gear in the car and headed to the local tackle store. The weather held off, so maybe I could get a few hours in fishing! While I was in the tackle store a gentleman and I were talking about the local steelhead spots. He started explaining them to me and I jokingly said "If you're heading there now, maybe I'll follow you in my car"...haha. He said "Why not? I'll take you there and show you some of my favourite pools".

I followed him in the car and we headed out to the trib. He stayed about 20 minutes or so and showed me the spots before he left. After a nice thank you, I headed back out to try out my luck with ccmt's noodle rod, fresh roe and net. I went to the first hole he pointed out and had 2 hits within the first 15 to 20 minutes!! The steelie apparently moved on from that spot, so I moved to a different location after scouting the current, water levels, clarity etc....

I found myself at a spot he didn't point out, but it looked promising to me. Two drifts into this spot and my float went under!! I saw the fish, but he dove and spit the hook!! A few more drifts, the float goes down and the same thing happened. At least he hadn't moved on yet. I changed up my roe bag to a different colour and continued drifting in that general area. Finally...the float went down yet again and this time I didn't miss it! FISH ON! After a nice little battle, I landed this nice 22" steelie!

Here's my pic...I suppose officially I went 1 for 3 on the day...my best day on the tribs yet.

gallery_137_78_69181.jpg

This was a special day for me....a real confidence booster for me because I wasn't sure that I'd be able to land one without help. :D

Sorry team 9, my other fish beat this one, so no tourney entry. :lol:

Hey wait...you're going fishing without me when I'm at work? You cant use my noodle rod and reel anymore then.... :o:lol:

Ha Ha

Come home from work...Where's my wife?? Where's my fishing gear?? Kids are cooking supper..Wife's on the river nailing steelhead. Love it

Congrats nice job.

Craig

nice steelie... my wife does the same thing often.. and she loves her fishing!! i am trying to get her into flyfishing but thats a no go :wallbash: .. yesterday i got her to try it and after casting 15' and a birds nest i feel now it's going to be even tougher to get her into it..

cliff..

Bly i think you have problem you have steel to support your habit.Good job and happy birthday.

I have been worried about ccmt and bly. The might need to have an intrevention.

Does anybody have the numb er for FAA (fishing alcoholics anonymous) in Canada? :rolleyes:

Thank you all!!

WELL DONE BLY!!!

ITS A SENSE OF ACCOMPLISHMENT WHEN YA DO IT ALL THE FIRST TIME BY YOURSELF!!! NOW JUST WAIT TILL ITS A 15LBER LOL

Thanks CC! To hook and fight a 15 would be a huge thrill even if I lost it lol

reel nice fish bly, the trib game is really one of confidence (as i've learned the last couple of years) so that fish should be special to you. now that you know you can land one by yourself, lookout!

I do feel a little taller today LOL

I have been worried about ccmt and bly. The might need to have an intrevention.

Does anybody have the numb er for FAA (fishing alcoholics anonymous) in Canada? :rolleyes:

Haha! We do not have a problem, we go out, we fish, we catch fish, Nooo problem!!

Bly

Nice fish. It's always the best fishing when you are out by yourself in my opinion. You can concentrate on your presentation a little more and landing the fish by yourself just takes a little practice but once you start landing them without a net you'll want to do it all the time.

ATF