mike rousseau

musky trolling

well... heading out in and hour to try and troll up a BIG St.Lawrence musky... the bite is tuff this year... with the cold wet spring the weedbeds have not come in like normal... so tomorow is an adventure to find musky "on the rocks"... and im also gunna try the main lake flats that are full of perch... im thinking the musky might suspend in these flats/basins... ive managed to find 2 other guys willing to drag lures for 12 hours so i will be able to run three rods... this will really help figuring out a pattern... i also just purchased "musky mikes trolling secrets"... it gives you running depths of 80 musky baits... so i can stager lines at all the depths i want to maximize my chances of a hook-up

anyways... im confident we will boat at least 1 fish today...

wish me luck...(just dont post good luck... to much clutter) lol

Mike is there alot of current in the river? I know the detroit river runs about 6mph and depending what way your going the lures will runn higher or deeper. good luck out there hope ya get into a fatty

52 incher

38 incher

36 incher

A largemouth

And 2 pike...6 & 10 lbs

Without pictures we will have to assume this didn't happen. lol. Nice shooting.

I've been up since 430am...

I don't feel like finding my camera cable tonight...

It'll be up tomorrow... I promise

Not acceptable. :devil: :devil:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• Trolling a casting rod in a Salty s-10

Looking for a safe way to use my casting rods to troll in a salty s-10 rod holder; dang plastic trigger on the underside doesn't allow for setting the rod in the holder behind the reel seat. Don't want to put the rod in the holder above the reel on the blank because that's asking for the rod to snap like a twig.  Maybe below the reel? (full cork grip probably fine but split grip? probably will be riding the blank). If below the reel, put a higher angle on the rod so she don't go over board on a

in General Discussion

• trolling Lake O. having some line issues

Last trip out, trolling in 1-130 feet, one of our lines (braided line on downrigger) was accumulating this gooey type of yellow stinky stuff. it was very tough to get off and it was mostly in the top 20 feet of line. I'm glad we didn't hook into a fish on that line because there was no way I could have reeled it in.  Never happened before in the last dozen or so trips.  Wondering if the water was just very dirty that day, or I should switch the type of line. had 2 other lines out, one with

in General Discussion

• Big changes on the bow mounted trolling motor front!

Heading over to the on the water demos at iCast 2019 down here in Orlando FL. One of the biggest buzzes down here is about how the bow mounted trolling motor scene is going to change drastically. MotorGuide, Lowrance and Garmin are all introducing competitors to the current bow-mounted trolling motor king, the Minn Kota Ultrex! Super excited to see how the new Garmin Force trolling motor is going to work with my Garmin EchoMap Ultra units! Check it out on the YouTube video:  And o

in General Discussion

• Musky Baits look terrible?

So the other day im fishing with my buddy who likes to collect swimbaits for bass and it occurs to me...Why in the heck are musky fishermen still using such oldschool weird looking baits? For those not aware, there is a big movement in the bass industry especially amognst younger anglers that is simply called the "swimbait movement" Quite literally though, this same movement just does not exist in musky fishing. The oldschool baits, Yes...i get it, they work, Ive caught musky on blades

in General Discussion

• Muskie Rods/Reels Casting and Trolling

View Advert Muskie Rods/Reels Casting and Trolling Everything you need for Muskie Fishing.  Check my other ad for tackle, bag, tools and net. St. Croix Sling Blade LTMU86HF $375 St. Croix PGM80HM $250 ST. Croix Top and Tail TMU80MHF $350 Shimano TDR Trolling Rod $30 Shimano Calcutta 401D Left Hand. Loaded with 80lb test Power Pro and a 100lb test flouro leader. With Reel Glove $390 Revo Toro NaCl 61 Left hand $250  

in Fishing Tackle and Equipment