Killbear Provincial Park

Broker

Last year i fished the little lake on the bumpy road into the park , im looking forward to fishing it now that i have a kayak , i only fished it for an hour from shore and hooked into a pike , little but promising .. And a few bass and perch . But ive neve had any luck with fishing in the park

Go out into the bay clearing the shallow water off the cliff jumping rocks. Just jig large spoons around 50-75 ft? You'll catch Lakers.

would i be able to do that in a kayak.. ahha?

I did it with a canoe! All I did was cast as far as I could with the wind to get an idea of how much line I had and just let the wind drift me towards where it landed. That should be enough time for the spoon to get to depth then start jigging! I caught 5 doing this in about 3 hours.

I did it with a canoe! All I did was cast as far as I could with the wind to get an idea of how much line I had and just let the wind drift me towards where it landed. That should be enough time for the spoon to get to depth then start jigging! I caught 5 doing this in about 3 hours.

haha alright thanks! I'll try it out , never caught a laker before !

Just went over the regs for Lakers at killbear and d_paluch is correct. Were the boundaries changed in anyway over the last few years? I recall checking and double checking and asking locals. It was a 0 Limit not an all year fish sanc.

also for the pike were you fishing in the weeds on the sides of the lake with weedless lures or were you out in the middle.. leaving tommorow for 3 weeks and wanna make the most of my time there lol :)

just tossed a spinner like bait, let it sink for a few seconds then a steady retrieve straight into the middle of the lake.

had no luck along the weeds unless I was cheating and using worms, but then it was just sunfish :P

good luck n have fun. been going there for the past 4 years, even witthout fishing the time spent there was amazing