daming the attawapiskat river??

phishfearme

i noted in reading moosebunks excellent article that: "The Attawapiskat won't be wild and free for long, it's fish will be dammed....." is this true? is there a dam planned for this river? anybody know for sure?

thanks.

phish

I don't know about a dam but there was clear evidence that a railway could be in the near future. I noticed a clear cut of forest on either side of a bend on the river. There were also helicopters floating around the area as well.

http://www.republicofmining.com/2011/01/19/ontario-ring-of-fire-chromite-mine-operator-still-to-be-determined-by-norm-tollinsky/

i noted in reading moosebunks excellent article that: "The Attawapiskat won't be wild and free for long, it's fish will be dammed....." is this true? is there a dam planned for this river? anybody know for sure?

thanks.

phish

Not sure about the dam, but Cliffs Natural Resources will be the lead mining company in the ROF, which to put it lightly, should scare the hell out of everyone. They are a very aggressive, shareholder driven, underhanded company... which was seen in the Spider Resources take-over.

I'm no slacktivist, but Cliffs should be under the thumb of the caretakers of the land up there when it comes to mining the ROF.

that entire section of Ontario is within something called the ring of fire, assumed to be one if not the planets largest deposit or cromite, the proposal is also for the planets largest open pit mine, with that sort of operation one can assume that the tailouts will poison pretty much every watershed it touches

that entire section of Ontario is within something called the ring of fire, assumed to be one if not the planets largest deposit or cromite, the proposal is also for the planets largest open pit mine, with that sort of operation one can assume that the tailouts will poison pretty much every watershed it touches

Yup, it'll be ontario's version of the oil sands.