synthetic 2 cycle oil

tomO

I bought a bottle of 2 cycle oil and didnt realize it was synthetic till I was getting ready to mix it with the gas. I went ahead and filled the can. I got to thinking later I've still got half a tank full in the boat and would it be ok to mix that gas with the regular 2 cycle oil and gas mix in the boat tank. thx.

I use the synthetic all the time. My understanding is that a modest amount of mixing with regular 2 cycle oils is Ok, occasionally but not recommended to be done as a matter of practice. I guess you didn't notice the price when you bought it cause synthetic is about twice the price of regular oil. I will never go back to regular 2 cycle oil. My weedeater, chainsaw and outboards run smoother and cleaner with the synthetic. Just wish I had friends who regularly travel to USA. Apparently, it's a lot cheaper there. The info on the co-mixing came from the Amsoil website under the Interceptor brand name of oil.

Yea it was a little pricey I thought but I got it at a little outa the way store I was in a hurry and about half asleep. I.ll run the boat tank about dry then I'll use the other. thx.