Sign in to follow this  
Rodwrap

OT..smokin' ribs

YUMMMMMMERS

Ribfest is here this weekend and for 20 bucks a rack,I,ll be making my own thank you very much.

i forgot to ask in my state of meat shock, how hot and how long?

The old adage "They're done,when they're done" applies here. Different cookers cook differently. ( my old horizontal cooks with gentle smoke & takes a little longer than say a drum smoker).

The outside temp. makes a difference, too, as does wind.

But these went 5 hours at 250-275`

My drum smokers do it all in 4 hrs. with a smokier flavor..

newdrum1.jpg

Edited by Rodwrap

All right, we need an OFC rib cook off!

OK, You win, what time do we eat? :thumbsup_anim:

(and I thought my " Cliffie's caveman ribs" were good! Those look much better!)

Yum

Start

Dry rub of my own.On it goes,indirect heat 275 for 3 hours.

khb001.jpg

Getting there,splash of sauce

khb002.jpg

Quick grill on the meat side. Gives the sauce abit of a crisp.

khb003.jpg

Meat peeled off in your mouth .

Dang you should send the pics to one resturant I went to out west here they ribs they ahd were dry burnt and poopy looking I was glad they were not mine. I think i know what i need to make when i get home.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• NF - Cooking ribs

So tomorrow I'm planning to do up a rack of ribs.  Would you toss them in a slow cooker for the day or in a smoker?  Right now for wood if going the smoker method all I have is apple and cherry woods.  I'm sort of leaning towards the slow cooker so I can FINALLY try and get out on the ice for a bit tomorrow.  Thoughts?  Thanks. G

in General Discussion

• Winter smoke..ribs, pics.....NF

Storm here Thursday..now it's melting, and, of course, my smokers are under HEMLOCK trees..... as in trees drop snow bombs down my neck Soooo... I decided to do a WHOLE CASE of ribs on the UDS...it went a little slower cuz I'm a dam rockhead & insist on using wood chunks instead of charcoal! this is a COLD job done outside! Got 'em pulled, trimmed, & rubbed ( all work done outside!) There are 9 racks in there... It took almost 7 hrs ...but I ..Got-r-don

in General Discussion

• Whats with the price of pork spare ribs

We buy the sweet and sour spare ribs for the bbq a couple of times a month, and they are sooooooooo good.   They are plain ribs cut in 1 1/2 strips, roughly 2kg to a pack.   In the summer we were buying them at the store for $24 to $27 a pack   Now they are$58 to $61 for the same package   I have heard meat fish and poultry were going up 3 to 5 % but 100%?   Up till 2 or 3 months ago the prices were not that far off of Alberta.   What are prices like in your area. The kicker is the

in General Discussion

• need a bbq recipie for ribs

Greetings from NWT, beautiful -34 windchills with 4 feet of "good ice" lol   I guess i have been fishing with the wrong end of the rod again this winter . I think the Leafs will win the Stanely Cup before I reach 10 for the season, but the scenery is great.   My son is having his 18th birthday in a couple of days, not looking good for a fish fry, that was one thing on his list BUT he loves spare ribs on the bbq.   Can anyone help with a simple recipe for a dry rub or a liquid u could so

in General Discussion

• NF smoking ribs

ok so the Wife picked up some ribs and said lets smoke the for supper tomorrow now I havn't doe a ton of this. My Brother and I built a smoker but he took over cause he knows everything.   I now have my own gas fires smoker it is a converted lay down barrel type where you would light the fire in one side then smoke traves thru and out. it has been converted to be fired on nat gas and i can hold temps as low as 150   so the ribs are on way here and when they get home I will get them in a

in General Discussion