Suffix 832 bandwagon jumper impressions.

BillM

I agree 100% on user error.

The only time I got tip wrap was when I tried to set the hook and there was nothing to set in so the line just came flying back. When I put the tip down to start reeling in the line was wrapped. That to me is user error. I'm talking baitcaster.

Perhaps myself and Terry and the rest of the guys who've had problems can get a few tips from you pros... :rofl2:

I tossed cranks for a couple hours last night on 20lb 832. Not a single issue. The line is very supple and casts great. I didn't have any wrapping problems, although I wasn't fishing contact baits, and I'm assuming that's where people are experiencing problems.

One thing people aren't getting though, is that wrapping is a trade-off of a supple line. You WILL experience tip-wrap. Wind will make it even worse.

I will stick to PowerPro for my bottom/contact presentations, and keep 832 for my reaction/moving baits, due to the casting efficiency.

Maybe one day I can take you under my wing young patawan. Lol.

I just meant that new line requires adjustments. PP is stiffer te the 832 so by adjusting your technique you can avoid the problems.

Not a line you wanna be tossing topwaters with (especially walk the dog types).. Like I mentioned before, switched back to PP, problems are gone. We'll see how long it stays on my spinning setups :)

All these problems seem really strange to me. I have been using this line on a baitcaster and a spinning reel and haven't encountered any of these problems. I have used it for about a month now and it still looks the same as the day I put it on, even the colour is the same, no bleeding. Try letting all your line out behind the boat for ten minutes or so with nothing tied to it as your trolling, it sucks for bites but when you reel it in and give it a go all your misfortunes will probably be gone. I love this line and will be buying more. The line I am currently using is 20lb. As for PP I have only used it once about 5 yrs ago in a bass tourney. Broke off 50lb test slaying largies about three times that day and that was the end of my experiment with that stuff.

All these problems seem really strange to me. I have been using this line on a baitcaster and a spinning reel and haven't encountered any of these problems. I have used it for about a month now and it still looks the same as the day I put it on, even the colour is the same, no bleeding. Try letting all your line out behind the boat for ten minutes or so with nothing tied to it as your trolling, it sucks for bites but when you reel it in and give it a go all your misfortunes will probably be gone. I love this line and will be buying more. The line I am currently using is 20lb. As for PP I have only used it once about 5 yrs ago in a bass tourney. Broke off 50lb test slaying largies about three times that day and that was the end of my experiment with that stuff.

You haven't had any bleeding issues? My once green line is now a nice tinge of yellow, lol.

• 1 month later...

Had to drag this thread up because I had a shocking revelation on the weekend. My powerpro destroys suffix for casting distance and smoothness on the SPINNING reel.

I've been using 2 baitcast and 2 spinning combos all summer, with one of each combo having pp and one having suffix. Suffix is 30#test, I believe pp is the same...or whatever's closest. Both new spools of line.

I really can't tell any difference with the baitcaster....and with the spinning combos, I haven't done much casting with the pp combo. MOstly been dropshotting with it, and tossing worms with the suffix-spool.

So......I switched spinning reels, and used the reel with pp to start tossing worms....and WOW what a difference! There's just no resistance as it comes off the spool, while the Suffix seems to be tightly wound, and really cuts down on distance.

I grabbed the suffix combo and tied on an x-rap....fairly disappointing casting distance, I gotta say.

I would consider chalking this up to a difference in the reels themselves....but the suffix is much noisier as it comes off the spool, and I can feel the lure's momentum being compromised. The powerpro practically falls off the reel, and now I have an insane worm combo :D

Perhaps suffix is good for people having issue with extra loops and tangles.....but I usually pay close enough attention that this is not a problem for me.

I really thought the lines were comparable in every other regard so far....but this pretty much seals the deal for me.....suffix is allowed on baitcasters....but not much point in buying it over powerpro unless it's on sale.